Clear all

Suburban Jungle

49 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
20.2 K Views
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Seems like IT guys everywhere are having a time of it. Our customer database is pretty much stuffed (I hate MS SQL, MS Server 2003 and pretty much anything that starts with MS but this is remnants of the guy before me). Hopefully I'll actually get online when I get home tonight so that I can get it emailed.

I swear as soon as I have a moment of time I'll do it :)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 17/08/2005 10:56 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

BTW: For me, playing on this one seemed a lot like doing soundtrack work. The backing track feel encouraged me to lay back and concentrate more carefully on choices of notes and intervals. Anyone else?

I was surprised that it came pretty easy to me :D but I did have to think about it a bit. cnev just jamed his out in a few takes, his sounded pretty good to me 8) :D --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 17/08/2005 11:25 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have parts from:
Modecker
Gnease
smokindog
cnev

I don't have parts from:
nroberts
gunslinger
guitaralex

I'm fighting with my new computer trying to get it to be viable for audio work. It is a new laptop and right now latency is a real bummer. The programs just can't seem to make it through a single mix without disconnecting and shit. Something is causing a big hassle and I haven't found it yet. Spent all Saturday fighting it...didn't win. But I haven't given up yet. I still have a few things to try yet that might make it better. For a second I thought I had won last night but then I rebooted :evil:

Posted : 21/08/2005 7:14 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Alright, because I'm stupid you can delete the second email I sent. The first one I sent has the track by itself, and the third has it with the backtrack. The second was my friend acting a fool and trying to sound as bad as he could (he's actually a great guitar player, we were just acting silly one night).

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 22/08/2005 11:07 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Waiting on me and guitaralex now. I think I have my new rig figured out enough to get this done at least ( http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Asus_A6U ) and am going to try to record my part sometime today.

Posted : 27/08/2005 6:07 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

How's this one going Noah?

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 02/09/2005 5:55 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

How's this one going Noah?

Well, I been kind of waiting to see what guitaralex said but he hasn't said much. So, smokindog sent me a second version of his jam that also took my spot. I'll use it and do mine where guitaralex was going to do his.

Anyone hear anything from guitaralex lately? Hopefully he is ok and just really busy and forgot or something.

I'll get it done soon.

Posted : 02/09/2005 6:02 pm
(@shift)
Estimable Member

I really like the backing track for this one. Looking forward to hearing the finished product.

Posted : 03/09/2005 12:14 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Is this one dead?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 07/09/2005 5:35 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Is this one dead?

No, I'm just not getting it done. I've been working with new hardware and been a bit lazy.

Posted : 07/09/2005 7:01 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Noah,

I had my fourteen seconds of fame on the jam....the dog did some technical magic to make the crap I played sounded almost like it fit in.

Posted : 07/09/2005 9:52 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Noah,

I had my fourteen seconds of fame on the jam....the dog did some technical magic to make the crap I played sounded almost like it fit in.

I'll try to get it going tonight. I do have to scan some documents out of a source book first but I should still have time to do my part and then have it all mixed by the weekend.

Finally got my part done. Will mix this weekend.

Posted : 07/09/2005 11:27 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Noah,

I was only kidding didn't mean to make you rush or anything. Humor doesn't always come across on the computer.

Posted : 08/09/2005 11:30 am
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Noah,

I was only kidding didn't mean to make you rush or anything. Humor doesn't always come across on the computer.

Well, its been a long wait anyway. I needed to get it done.

Posted : 08/09/2005 4:02 pm
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Not the greatest mix job but I figured I would post it now instead of 2 weeks from now :p

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2PE3QLK8SOF1G33J4EIWPETSPN

Posted : 11/09/2005 10:12 pm
Page 3 / 4