1979 Fender Telecaster

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Opinions Needed.

1979 Fender Telecaster, Black w/ Black Pickguard.

Guitar is all original it seems. The usual 30 year wear; pickguard scratches, clear coat worn off in places, cracks, chips, dirty.

Neck is straight, and action is incredibly low for a tele. Guitar sounds better on the clean jazzy stuff then anything I have ever heard in my life. It is surreal how beautiful the chords and twang sounds that come out of it are. Solid, and comes with a brand new G&G Hardshell tweed case (not the original).

Electronics are crisp and clean.

$2,000.00

Worth it?

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

which model Tele? IIRC, it could be one of several.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Opinions Needed.

1979 Fender Telecaster, Black w/ Black Pickguard.

Guitar is all original it seems. The usual 30 year wear; pickguard scratches, clear coat worn off in places, cracks, chips, dirty.

Neck is straight, and action is incredibly low for a tele. Guitar sounds better on the clean jazzy stuff then anything I have ever heard in my life. It is surreal how beautiful the chords and twang sounds that come out of it are. Solid, and comes with a brand new G&G Hardshell tweed case (not the original).

Electronics are crisp and clean.

$2,000.00

Worth it?

Maybe.
if you go on the Fender web site you can get hints on confirming the date of that Tele. You'll need to check the neck date, serial number, and body date. to confirm that all parts of the guitar are legit. Since Teles and most Fenders can have parts and pieces "mixed and matched" so to speak, it's not at all uncommon for necks to be swapped onto bodies from different years, or even for necks and bodies from different years to be used at the factory!

You can also contact fender consumer relations, and give them the serial number, they might be able to get back to you with the original model and provenance of the guitar that serial number was originally issued to.
email: [email protected]

You can also go to the Telecaster Discussion Page ( http://www.tdpri.com/ ) There's a whole bunch of confirmed Tele-holics like me that can pretty much give you more information than you ever wanted to know about all things Telecaster.

PS. If you want a Tele with an amazing neck, check out a Squier Classic Vibe Tele. It just might convince ya to kick that vintage one to the curb.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

PS. If you want a Tele with an amazing neck, check out a Squier Classic Vibe Tele.

+1 - The neck on my Squier Tele is amazing!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

PS. If you want a Tele with an amazing neck, check out a Squier Classic Vibe Tele.

+1 - The neck on my Squier Tele is amazing!

Dan

Make that +2....the neck on my Squier Custom Tele (copy of the '72 custom Telecaster, but without the Strat-shaped headstock) is as smooth as silk. Dunno whether it's the maple fretboard as opposed to rosewood - but my Squier Strat never felt like that. The neck on my MIM Fender Tele feels exactly the same....maple again.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for all the info guys.

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

ReplyQuote