Notifications
Clear all

36 Rules For Bands

36 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Oh, I dunno... I've seen a recent video of EVH. He strikes me as pretty "rockmanlike" (maybe in the vein of Keith Richards)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

"Smiling VH" was during the first DLR era. Don't think Eddie has had that much to smile about in a long time: the inevitable band strife, divorce, tongue cancer ...

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

P.S. Can anybody explain to me why in every publicity photo of a band nobody is smiling ? Aren't they happy to be in the band they're in ? This is a pet peeve of mine .

And somewhat related, what's up with posing in front of a (preferably greyscaled) brick wall? Am I missing some kind of symbolism?

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

feathery drums, very funny

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

36. 3 things that are never coming back: a)gongs, b)headbands, and c)playing slide guitar with a beer bottle.

One of the best funny liners :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

Never say never.
I've always wanted a gong.

Pictures of bands not smiling vs. Eddie's unrockman (ROCKMAN! sounds like a great name for a Saturday morning cartoon show) like behavior. If I could make a living playing music, I'd smile alot. If I made as much as he EVH does (I just spent close to $300 for tickets for Van Halen in Feb) I couldn't stop smiling. Labels on the correctness of rockstars, jeez, gimme a break! On bands not smiling, sometimes may be determined by when the picture was taken, you know, band is up till sundown, and the photo shoot is at 10 am. Other times they just want to look "bad!" I did an lp with a punk band in the 80's (local, indeendent, but on vinyl!), there were serious single shots of the other band members, mine was taken later, ont in the sun, wearing sunglasses, smiling. Hilarious.

Playing slide with a beer bottle, beats a Martini glass!

Greyscaled brick wall. At the mall glamour shots shop, they have back drops for rock band photos. The greyscaled brick wall is a favorite (just kidding).

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3