Notifications
Clear all

A beginners dilemma.

19 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Depends on the group of friends. Assuming the group with a pretty wide knowledge of music, I might start them off with an easy Country song (one of two I know), Friends In Low Places. Good sing along song. Might do Melissa by ABB, but being my first time might be nervous with the barre changes. Maybe The Night They Drove Ol Dixie Down.

I'm guessing that when I am able to play loudly again, my wife, son and I will bash together It's Only Rock n Roll ot Happy together as our first that the public will ever see.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@penguin5)

Hey Simon,

coool job :lol:

I would've played Stand By Me

Cheers!!!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'd play them one song "Prayer to God" it's a profanity laced song about a guy who's girlfriend has left him and now he wants to kill her.....they won't ask for any more after that!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

I love folk music so undoubtely it would have been one of the first songs I ever learned - Take me up to Monto ... D, D, Em. Does it get easier?

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2