Notifications
Clear all

A guitar to invest in?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@patrickzt)
Topic starter  

Hey there, been playing for a year now and looking to get an acoustic guitar. Just wondering what types of guitar out there are worth their money. Thanks in advanced.

(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

There are a ton of guitars "worth their money." The question is, how much money are you willing to spend?

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote
(@patrickzt)
Topic starter  

Well not too much, nothing over 500 that's for sure. I was thinking 300-400$

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

I was thinking 300-400$

A used $500 guitar.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@oldnewbie)
Eminent Member

I would try to find one made of solid wood

http://EricDees.com
http://Soundclick.com/ericdees

ReplyQuote
(@blueguy)
Eminent Member

I would check out the Seagull S6, hardwood back/side. These are very good guitars at an excellant price, a little over $400 new with case.

I also like Larrivee guitars, an excellant guitar for the money. You can find them on Ebay occasionally for around $500 or check the Larrivee guitar forum. Although, you do take a gamble buying guitars on Ebay, especially acoustic guitars.

Both guitars would grow with you, opening up after a couple of years of playing. It is the great thing about hard wood accoustics, they get better the more you play them, even if you don't play them well :roll: !

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The world is your oyster

Try to find an all solid wood guitar.

Higher end Washburns, Breedlove Atlas, Low end Martins, Seagull, Blueridge I really like right now,

If you could snag this one for under $500 it's a fantastic deal Washburn-D68SWN-Harvest-Rosewood-Handmade-Jumbo This should be a 1993 model with a list of about $1600 bucks

I have the Washburn D74SW Golden Harvest...exquiste guitar...hand made in USA.

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

There are a lot of people on this board that love the Seagulls. They are nice, but I love my Epiphone Masterbilt DR500M.
Cost me $500. Solid wood. I've had it for a year and a half and I'm wearing the finish off it :D
http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=221&CollectionID=15

I also like the Breedlove Atlas guitars.

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member

I'd look at the Epiphones, they can be had inexpensively and are well made guitars, especially the Masterbilt series. The dreadnoughts are really good, and the EJ200 is pretty smoking; I've seen at least 3 pros carrying them.

ReplyQuote
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I'd also look for "blem" guitars...I just got a really nice Takamine that retails 700 for 450 w/ hard case because there was a small scratch near the electronics. Used and blemished items can yield amazing deals...

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

ReplyQuote