Clear all

A little story

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Okay everyone here that knows me should already know that I'm a college student so I stay in a apartment. Everyday the person that stays next to me has been wanting to blast his music from his cd player. This keeps me up a night and sometimes wakes me in the morning, I'm kind of use to it!!! But It's annoying hearing bass lines from rap music all the time;pounding in your head even though I USED to like rap. Yesterday work was hell caring for 25 teenage kids that don't listen and have smart mouths like I once did; in a afterschool program. So when I got home I went to lay down and all I could hear was BOOM, BOOM, BOOM coming for next door which don't help my headache. Being pissed off I get my fender amp FM 100 watts and practiced a little early. So using my fx pedal using a fuzzface amp model gain on 9, compression on 15 , mids all the way, and the amp faced my noisey buddy nextdoor's wall, guitar knobs all on 10. I began playing purple haze. The volume was just on 3. I just wanted to let him know. :wink:

So he starts turning up his radio stero like he's got me beat. But he didn't know what was behind the wall. :twisted:

So I turned my amp on 8, my ears started hurting on the feedback from my hollowbody guitar starting screaming with the fuzz distortion, while I played the barre chords from the verse then the solo over, over, over, and over again. When I cut off my amp their was no noise.

Two days and counting.................................

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@steves)
Estimable Member

LOL!!! Great story.

ReplyQuote
(@bob-squires)
Estimable Member

I love it :!: :D - especially the song you selected - Purple Haze 8)

Isn't it great to know you still have a little more volume if needed :twisted:

I myself enjoy a nice cross section of music – however, I don't force it upon others – I play at a volume that does not interfere with others – and so should your neighbor :)

Stay Cool,

BS

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

Haa Haa Haa Haaa.. that is classic. I wish I could figure out a way to do the same thing when the car next to me is playing their music so loud my rear view vibrates!!! :shock:

I wish I had the guts to turn my amp up that loud. I have a gnx4 with the output level set at 3 and my create glx212 on clean at 2 and its plenty loud.

ReplyQuote
(@the_fifth_beatle)
Trusted Member

have you seen the video for run dmc/aerosmiths 'walk this way!'?

stop...i have found a genius...stop...

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Hell yeah dude :twisted:

That's classic man,

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote