A musical chuckle at the World Cup.....

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Vic Lewis VL
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

So, the first 20/20 Cricket World Cup is underway in South Africa.....England played their first game today: their opening Batsmen were Darren Maddy and Matthew Prior, so when the commentator's reading the England team out, he says, "Maddy Prior Wright Pietersen......

Maddy Prior? And not one of the commentary team noticed.....perhaps they could make a record together. "All Around My Bat" maybe?

:D :D :D

Vic

(Here's a link to the scorecard..... http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/cr/sc/13058.html )

(For those who didn't get it - Maddy Prior was formerly the lead singer with folk-rockers Steeleye Span. One of their biggest hits was "All Around My Hat" which was later covered by Status Quo, with Maddy Prior guesting on vocals.)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Rahul
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Apparently, there aren't many cricket lovers out here. Myself included.

Who are you betting on this time ?

ReplyQuote
Vic Lewis VL
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Australia - of course! They've had their one bad game against Zimbabwe - they looked a completely different team today against England. New Zealand look to have a strong squad - might be good outside bet. And of course, Sri Lanka can never be discounted at one day cricket!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote