Clear all

A new man cave.....

14 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Last few days, I've been busy putting a shed up. Two people, four hours work, it promised on the box. Yeah, RIGHT! It's actually taken three people about 24 people hours -I would say man hours, but my daughter's been the foreman on this job, translating gibberish into English - "this bit goes there, that bit goes there, and just screw them together...oh wait, the holes don't line up...." Anyway, we've sussed it out in the end - took me almost three hours today just to put plastic caps on all the screws protruding inside the shed.

The old shed? We took the roof off, took the wooden base off and stuck it over the other side of the patio. Put the roof back on, put the felt back over - and everything's stayed dry

Now I've noticed that the new shed has got a really nice echo to it - kind of a natural reverb.

Here's where the man-cave bit comes in.....

This house is seriously overcrowded. Three bedrooms - one for me and the Marilyn, my daughter's staying here for a while till she can put down the deposit on a house, and the third one is for Marilyn's 20-year-old grandson, who can't stand living at home. Full, but the TV remote is MINE!

Then you've got to add into the equation....one of Marilyn's daughters has just split with her husband, and she's moved in with her two youngest (she has five more from two previous marriages!) children - a boy of seven, a girl of three. So my daughter Kayleigh's sleeping downstairs on a blow up bed, Marilyn's daughter has moved into Kayleigh's room with the two kids, and on top of that we baby sit for one of Marilyn's other daughter's little lad (age 3) every Wednesday morning till Thursday evening, including his sleep-over.

Stressed? Me? hah! No, not much!

So, you may ask, where does the guitar practise take place? Well - it hasn't - at least, not as much as I'd like. But I'm thinking, now as the new shed's up and the old shed's on a steady base, should I keep it there and practise there? Should I move it into the main part of the garden further away from the house?

I do like that bit of echo/reverb in the new shed though - I'm seriously thinking of moving in there for a bit of P&Q, and sticking all the rubbish back in the old shed!

Meet the new shed, same as the old shed....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I had a man cave once. But all the men escaped. I guess I forgot to feed them regularly. I would replace them, but I hear nowadays you need to get licenses for them and stuff like that, so I just go out and look at the wild men instead. Occasionally, I throw crumbs, but not enough for them to get full or breed.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Your own Man Cave Vic? I knew I liked you for a reason. I say do it! Best thing I ever did.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Cool man! My man cave is constantly overrun by small two-legged creatures...

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@daven)
Estimable Member

Yup, leave mine for a bit, come back and there's a tea party set up in the middle! :lol:

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow Vic I feel feel for you buddy. Maybe you can move your bed out there too! I can't even imagine having that many people/kids lvining under one room amazing your still sane.

Mine are all out of the house and my man cave is the finished basement that I have all to myself.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

By the way, I love the name "Kayleigh" - and I love that Marillion song by the same name.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

By the way, I love the name "Kayleigh" - and I love that Marillion song by the same name.

So do I - that's how #3 got her name!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

amazing your still sane.

Chris, whatever gave you that idea I was sane? There's only one song I can link to to describe my house at the moment - I am no longer in control.

Here's the link - it's been the theme tune for my house for a few years now, but doubly so at the moment! The title says it all, really..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQvVTPXZuBo&feature=avmsc2

Update....Marilyn's grandson kicked off today; she was getting really p'd off with his attitude. He hadn't given her any money for a couple of weeks - got paid yesterday, went out on the booze. Had no money left today. He found his clothes in a bin bag on the drive - so at least Kayleigh's got a proper bed in a proper bedroom for a while, even if it isn't her own bedroom! You DON'T mess with the Marilyn, unless you know how to handle it!.....umm, handle HER....at least I think she's still female...but so was Kristina Lokeren in Terminator 3......!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Pictures! We needs pictures! :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Pictures! We needs pictures! :D

Of the man cave? Or Marilyn?

(Sorry Vic, not meant that way....just riffing off the posts)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

well, there ya go again. Getting poor, innocent little me all in big trouble with Mr Vic. I was even planning to say something nice about Mott The Hoople. I'll not recover from this one, though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Then again, if she's been locked up in them caves for public safety, well, I think that it's a big part of the story and deserves at least a cameo appearance.

Does she like getting locked up, mate? (nudge nudge, wink wink)

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Then again, if she's been locked up in them caves for public safety, well, I think that it's a big part of the story and deserves at least a cameo appearance.

Does she like getting locked up, mate? (nudge nudge, wink wink)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote