21 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

But a pretty large step for me: my little project is finished! :D

(click image for download)
(click here for the soundclick mirror)

This is basically what I've been working on the past two years or so, and it's a compilation of what I've learned so far. All songs written, recorded, produced, performed, mixed and mastered by me, with my own gear, so please forgive the at times not-so-awesome sound quality. It has turned out to be a pretty varied album, I think, so with some luck everyone should find atleast one somewhat enjoyable song and probably atleast one not-so-enjoyable song. ;)

[BRAG]A recurring question on these boards is the 'When are you no longer a beginner'. The answer usually is 'when you no longer feel like one'. I think that with this little project I've made my way from absolute beginner to atleast some form of mediocrity, and I can't wait to see where I'll be in a few more years. Any feedback, comments, criticism and questions are more then welcome![/BRAG]

Side-note: the IMHO awesome picture is *not* made by me, but by a friend of mine. Not sure if he wants me to say his name but just so you know.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That pic is really cool Arjen. I cant wait to get home from work to listen. Congrats, I know (from reading) how much hard work you have been putting into this.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Awesome man! Congrats!!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

i like this nice stuff :D been using effects myself recently, not many replies though in the here here section :?: is this why you posted here :?: smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Great work Arjen!

I was listening with some attention and my favorite is "Till you drop". All the work is great but that track makes I remember some other compositions...

Congratulations!

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

congrads. I will give it a listen after work.
Arjen, I had a friend from your town in Holland. Ive been there. kind of a quiet and polite town.

I like the earth nipple.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Yes, till you drop is a very cool song. 8) Good for you!

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Why does the earth have a nipple?

Let me guess -

"Artists should make their statements and move on, maintaining a dignified silence." AKA - Accidentally smudged it and thought it was cool. :lol:

Methinks it's a nose inhaling the stars - or sneezing! I can see eyes and maybe the hint of an ear...

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

But a pretty large step for me: my little project is finished! :D

Arjen - congrats!

You might post this in "Hear Here" and "Indie Sales" as well, just for the exposure...

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hum, I tried to "bablefish" the name of it: Welkom INDE Ruimte Banaan and it came back with: Welcome COLLECTED space banana ROFL.. Which I think must not be right. I was trying to figure out what the little BUMP was too.

Guess we'll have to wait til Arjen lets us in on the secret.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Arjen,

You done good, bud.

Congratulations on your finished product. I think it is very cool.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I'm going to give it a going over when I get my assignment done for the night, but I'm curious to know what the words mean in english?

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

So i just fired a bullet through my right temple with an Ortgies calibre 7.65 automatic after listening to that music... and thats a good thing.

Some of it was pretty good, some of it was really good, some i did not like at all. In my opinion it got better towards the end (it seemed like something to listen from the beginning to end so i did that).

Way to go man, you should be proud.

Its not exactly my style of music but I see where you are coming from. It is interesting for sure. Cool man

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Way to go Arjen, not my usual type of music but remember that I am an old fart. My favorite was "Waiting to Fall" it seemed to have that bluesy wail that I usually associate with the test licks you have posted before. Cannot imagine the amount of work you put into mixing your tracks. Congratulations!
Robbie

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2