Clear all

AC/DC era

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@captain-kalooba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Which was your favorite AC/DC era. The Bon Scott era or the Brian Johnson era?

For me its definitely the Bon Scott era.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison

(@bford)
Reputable Member

Yep I love the Bon Scott era more. But I am glad they kept it going with Johnson. Tough to pull it off like they have.

Like Pink Floyd, I love ALL AC/DC material.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Same for me, heh I just bought Powerage the other day for about the 3rd time, people keep "borrowing" it :)

Bon was awesome and my fav, but Brian rocks too, man I wish they would do a tour.

I went to see Duran Duran this year with my wife, I need something to get the taste out of my mouth.... :)

Scott

I havn't found my tone yet, and I have no mojo....but I'm working on it :)

ReplyQuote
(@captain-kalooba)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

It would be awesome if AC/DC went on tour. My manager at work was telling me a few weeks ago about when he was in about 8th or 9th grade AC was on the Money Talks Tour and he got sick the day of the concert and couldn't make it to the concert with all his friends that night. The next day his friends came to school and brought him handfuls of money that fell from the ceiling at the concert. My manager is a die-hard fan and is still bitter about having to miss that concert.

I just thought that was a funny little story I would share.

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free. - Jim Morrison

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I love AC/DC full stop - doesn't matter whether it's Bon or Brian. They're one of those bands that somehow passed me by till a few years ago, when I was given a double live CD as a present.....bought quite a few since. Favourite song? Has to be Sin City....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Ya Powerage is a great CD, Sin City and a bunch of good songs on it.

I saw them on the Fly on the wall tour, big fun, I have the Donnington DVD. Bonfire CD set and the Highway to Hell tour VHS tape, so ya I'm a fan.

Back in the late 70's I was walking to my friends house and there was this girl skating in her driveway listening to TNT wearing a tube top and shorts....pretty good way to discover rock and roll... :)

Rumor has it they are recording a new CD, who knows though, they keep pretty quiet

Scott

ReplyQuote
(@doug_c)
Reputable Member

I'm kinda surprised I'm answering this one, but I've been checking Napster and elsewhere lately for a download of "Ride On." I think the first time I heard it was last year, and the progression reminded me very much of ZZ Top's "Jesus Just Left Chicago." But I've described the vocals as sounding "like Bob Dylan having a really bad day." (I'm guessing that's Geddy Lee, but anyone who knows more than I do about the group--and that would be pretty much anyone--can correct me.)
A review on MP3.com says "'Ride On' would be the only Bon Scott-era song to be placed on the 1986 compilation Who Made Who."
And that's all Ah know about that. {/paraphrase Forrest Gump mode} :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Hi Doug,

Ride On was on the Who made Who comp, was the soundtrack for a Stephen King movie called Maximum Overdrive.

The song is from around 1976 and is Bon Scott on vocals, I believe it first appeared in the US on the Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap album.

On those first few albums there was Aussie releases and US releases, kinda mixed and matched songs on them...Dirty Deeds wasn't released in the US untill after Bon had died around 1980-81

Angus is the guitarist in the band who gets the attention, but if you want to hear hard driving rhythm guitar, listen to his brother Malcolm, to me he drives that band :)

I'd say listen to the albums High Voltage and Powerage for getting into old AC/DC.

Scott

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Now for a laugh!

some guy recorded a bunch of ac/dc song acusticly!!!!...check this out

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000059H34/002-5828297-6589622?v=glance&n=5174

Strange

Scott

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

AC/DC

is AC/DC

Bon Scott

Brian Johnson

Sh1t they could have Jesus Christ as their lead man I would still love them

hilch

Rock and roll
aint noise pollution
Rock and roll
aint gonna die

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

one of the greatest bands of all time, bon or brian 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Bon was always going to be a tough act to follow but Brian somehow managed it.

If forced to make a choice I would say Bon just edges it. Probably because it was Bon in the band when I first started buying music as a youth. I had a lot of AC/DC on vinyl.

I agree that Angus gets all the attention. Malcolm is a very underated guitarist.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@sowterg)
Trusted Member

not sure was bon scott the origanal singer cuz i defntly like the voacls on the earlier songs not sure still thogh angus young has laways bein 1 of my idols never tought about readin up on the rest of the band.

Its the choices you make that diffines you as a person.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Bon was always going to be a tough act to follow but Brian somehow managed it.

If forced to make a choice I would say Bon just edges it. Probably because it was Bon in the band when I first started buying music as a youth. I had a lot of AC/DC on vinyl.

I agree that Angus gets all the attention. Malcolm is a very underated guitarist.

8)

I seem to recall having heard that Malcolm is much better than Angus, but he can't be bothered with the fancy stuff as he likes a beer!

ReplyQuote
(@sdolsay)
Reputable Member

Ya, I saw an interview once with Mal and Angus and Angus said Mal could play any of the stuff he plas and actually played some of the leads on the real early stuff, I think Soul Stripper is a song he mentioned.

If we want to get real nit-picky about the band Dave Evans was the actual first singer they had, Bon replaced him, I think there is a clip of him singing with them on Youtube

I found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=dave+evans&v=keqiUyztBqI

Scott

ReplyQuote