Clear all

Acoustic Guitar

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just played a solidtop Yamaha acoustic, and I'm in love. So, I want a full size acoustic guitar as opposed to my electro-acoustic. I have a budget of $600, give or take, and I want a hardshell case with it. So, any ideas? I want the natural blonde acoustic finish, and a nice woody tone. Any ideas for me? Oh, and no cutaway, preferably. No electronics either.

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

(@beaner)
Estimable Member

I was wondering which Yamaha guitar you played, and why you didn't buy that one?

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

In that range you'll should be able to find quite a few good solid top acoustics. It'll simply be a matter of which guitar feels good to you. I owned a Yamaha for over twenty years and loved it. Other brands you should find in your range are Seagull and others of the Godin line (made in Canada and absolutely fabulous guitars), Alvarez, Takamine, Washburn, Epiphone. There are many, many to choose from. If you're more into fingerstyle than strumming, you might also want to check out getting a solid cedar top, as opposed to spruce.

And with the Canadian dollar doing so well these days, if you can't find what you want close by, order from over the border! :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I was wondering which Yamaha guitar you played, and why you didn't buy that one?

It was my neighbour's :lol:

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote