Notifications
Clear all

Adam and the ants

36 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, if want some wildlife to kill ya, come to Australia. We've got the highest proportions of venomous spiders & snakes in the world, & some of the deadliest :D
Not to mention coneshell, stonefish, crocodiles, box jelly fish...
As the Scared Werid Little Guys sang in their gleefull way .... "Come to Australia - you might accidentally get killed" :lol:

Don't you guys got some weird cane-toad thing that'll kill you too?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my mum just freaked out, came in from the garden and was like "oh, I've just had a BIG shock." :shock: I jokngly said, "what, there's a black widow in our garden?" she said, "no, you know I don't have a problem with spiders!" wouldn't tell me what it was, and buggered off down the road. :shock:

she returns, and I finally get her to tell me. its a dead rat. I'm not fazed. She goes, "well, are YOU gonna go and pick it up and put in the bin?" I'm like, "yeah, okay, where is it?" she just stared at me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spiders, I hate. Dead rats on the other hand, fine........

(totally off topic, I know, but it made me think of this thread)

I'm the exact opposite! I can take spiders all day long, I used to catch tarantulas for my nephews. And, I can even deal with live mice and rats to a certain degree. (They run off, usually more freaked out than I am!) It's the dead ones that creep me out! I have to tell y'all this story ......

A few years ago one of my cats came in and proudly presented me with the biggest, deadest, ugliest rat I'd ever seen. She placed it at my feet like a gift. I promptly freaked out, yelling at her (like she could actually understand) to take it back outside! Immediately! She just looked at me like I was crazy and went to her chair and started having a bath. Meanwhile, I'm still freaking, and the dead rat is just laying there ... taunting me! There was no way on the face of this earth that I was going to lay a hand on that thing! I finally ran outside to the street and stopped the first car that came by and made that man, who I'd never laid eyes on before, get out of his car and come into my house and take the rat away! I'm sure he thought I was completely insane! I often wondered if he ever drove down that street again or if he avoided it in case that crazy woman came after him again!

:lol:

Another time I was living in Fort Worth and had set a trap for a mouse I knew I had. The problem was, I actually caught the mouse in the trap. When I saw him in there, again, I freaked! I made my poor mother, who lived 30 miles away, drive to my house to take the mouse out of the trap! I just can't deal with them! It's impossible! Phobias are strange things!

And, Roy, yes, we definitely have tarantulas up here! When the nephews were younger we used to go on tarantula hunts. They would have their little "cricket cages" and we usually couldn't come home until each kid had his own tarantula! Of course, they wanted them, but I'm the one who had to catch them!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Meanwhile, I'm still freaking, and the dead rat is just laying there ... taunting me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was no way on the face of this earth that I was going to lay a hand on that thing! I finally ran outside to the street and stopped the first car that came by and made that man, who I'd never laid eyes on before, get out of his car and come into my house and take the rat away! I'm sure he thought I was completely insane! I often wondered if he ever drove down that street again or if he avoided it in case that crazy woman came after him again!

that's even better than my mum. She'd buggered off down the road to find a neighbour who might deal with it. No go, they were scared of rats, too. :lol:

Okay, if (when, when, when) I move to America, I'll get a place down the road from you. I'll happily deal with any dead rats you might have, just as long as you promise to protect me from all the awful spiders! Deal? :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

LMAO Elecktrablue. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't believe you ran out into the road and flagged down a car.

Dead rats and mice don't bother me. One time my cat brought me a half eaten hotdog and a piece of fried chicken. Now that was scary.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Meanwhile, I'm still freaking, and the dead rat is just laying there ... taunting me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There was no way on the face of this earth that I was going to lay a hand on that thing! I finally ran outside to the street and stopped the first car that came by and made that man, who I'd never laid eyes on before, get out of his car and come into my house and take the rat away! I'm sure he thought I was completely insane! I often wondered if he ever drove down that street again or if he avoided it in case that crazy woman came after him again!

that's even better than my mum. She'd buggered off down the road to find a neighbour who might deal with it. No go, they were scared of rats, too. :lol:

Okay, if (when, when, when) I move to America, I'll get a place down the road from you. I'll happily deal with any dead rats you might have, just as long as you promise to protect me from all the awful spiders! Deal? :wink:

You've got a deal! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@rob77)
Estimable Member

Don't you guys got some weird cane-toad thing that'll kill you too?

No, only if you eat it...well, certain parts of it. I believe that it can squirt the poison a little, but I think it's only an irritant? I've certainly never heard of any people having problems, just the occaisional curious dog. And it's not really ours, it's an introduced pest! :evil:

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3