Advice with leaving...

Notifications
Clear all

Advice with leaving eBay feedback...

15 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

As most of you know I just got a Behringer GMX210 Amp from eBay...with shipping it was only $120 and it is seriously in MINT condition! Came with the footpedal still wrapped in plastic! However the guy forgot to send the power cable with it and he never mentioned it in the auction...I happened to have one from an old computer that worked fine...

He had great communication throughout the whole transaction...When I emailed him to see if he would send it he said I thought he packed it (I searched EVERYWHERE) but said he had an extra one he could send or I could by one from an electronics store. I told him that would be cool if he could send the one he had and that I found one I had laying around. He then said that should work fine and there is no need for him to send one.

Normally I am good with leaving feedback but this did kind of irritate me...I know I got a GREAT deal and even if I purchased a $10 cable the amp is still a steal!

What would you do if you were in my shoes? I know if I push the issue then he'll retaliate by leaving me bad feedback (it happened before but the guy retracted it after 3 months!)..

Thanks

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Leave positive feedback since you were overall happy with the transaction. You could include a comment that the cable was not sent with the amp but you were lucky to have one. Nothing nasty. He may send it just to get a revised feedback with the comment removed.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If it was still a good deal but the only problem was the power cable and all else was fine, I would leave Positive feedback but in the comment mention something like " good transaction, small part missing" something like that.
Even nuetral if you feel badly about it.
I have never left a negative feedback and certainly don't take it lightly.
It would have to be a blatantly bad transaction (meaning the guy was trying to screw me on purpose) for me to leave a negative.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

He did seem genuine about his apology...I was only worried that i had the right cable...but like he said...the transformer is on the inside of the amp like a PC not on the cable itself like a laptop...

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

He did seem genuine about his apology...I was only worried that i had the right cable...but like he said...the transformer is on the inside of the amp like a PC not on the cable itself like a laptop...

Thanks

Its just a standard cord, no biggie. You got a great deal, I would leave it like that :D ( its that yin and yang thing) next time some one will cut you some slack if you forgot something. Glad you like the amp :D I really love mine, Its pretty good for a solid state amp.--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'd be positive about it. You could make some small comment like that, though.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@nroberts)
Reputable Member

Yell and scream until he agrees to take it back and refund your money.

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i gave someone a negative feedback for A) not properly describing the item (i thought it was a guitar processor...turned out to be bass...when i got it i realized the guy hadn't even given it the right name!!!) and B) because when i emailed him he basically told me where i could stick it. so i gave him a negative feedback...and he gave me one too. His response was very unprofessional too...all caps "ISNT GREAT WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MISTAKES"

ebay's wonderful sometimes.

but yeah, if it's just a cord, and the transaction was otherwise perfect, then yeah, give him a positive. he prolly has no idea it's missing a cord.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

The feedback system's screwed. Most sellers won't leave feedback until you leave yours. If yours for them is negative, they'll post negative on you, too.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@evolution)
Estimable Member

The feedback system's screwed. Most sellers won't leave feedback until you leave yours. If yours for them is negative, they'll post negative on you, too.

Well most the big power sellers most of them have some sort of script or program that automatically leaves feedback to you after you left yours.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Without the cable it was still a deal, and I doubt it's worth the fuss. It's a basic cable so no harm done in using a spare one, I'd follow Nils advice.

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

I'd leave positive feedback. the idea is to let other people know that the guy is honest and you can buy stuff off of him and feel safe. He gave you a great deal and it would've cost him money to send you another chord that you didn't need which he meant to send in the first place. If you were satisfied and felt others could trust him, I'd leave positive feedback. If you felt he was cut-throat and untrustworthy because of some minor detail, leave netural or negative feedback.

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I left him good feedback and didn't mention the cable at all...this is a great amp!

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

good move. sometimes people make simple miscues. i really doubt he was sitting at his computer grinning deviously...HAAAAAHAHAHAHA I cheated some poor unsuspecting FOOL out of a power cord! MWUHAHAHA. or maybe he didnt have one to give you! personally i have like 4000 of those cords laying around. anyways, i love to see people getting along on ebay.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

personally i have like 4000 of those cords laying around.

LOL, I know how that is. I support over 200 computers plus servers and other odds and ends and when we rotate stock with new hardware we always get new power cords with each box. We use the existing ones and have all the new ones still wrapped in their shipping plastic. I have a whole extra large draw just full of them.

When I hear someone had to go buy one for whatever reason, I just cringe. Ewwww. :D

Mike, good responsible move on your part. For the most part you got a good deal and that should be your driving factor. Enjoy the new gear as the seller intended. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote