Clear all

Ages and Bdays !

156 Posts
57 Users
0 Likes
22.1 K Views
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

Me: January 23, 1960 (the very same day that man first reached the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific Ocean - so my birth marks the low point in human history)

Profession: Looking for one ever since I sold my business. If the stock market does well, I may not need to find one. :D If it doesn't, I'll be greeting you at WalMart. :(

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Me: January 23, 1960 (the very same day that man first reached the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Pacific Ocean - so my birth marks the low point in human history) :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

May I just say one thing about all your ages ...

Your all a mob of spring chickens

I see a couple of 50's and one or two in the 50 plus club

Sorry there is only one old fart here ..........

That's me

27th January 2006 I will turn OMG can't belive I'm doing this 67

So when alot of you were being born I was making a living

I was even getting married for the 2 second time before of you even born

Now stop refering to yourselves as old ....please

You will know what I mean in years to come

Nils have a look at the first page of this thread

I told Rahul I was about 49 when he was born

Sorry mate I take the mantle as being the oldest fart in here

Chris_C is also in my 60 plus club

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's all relative. A few years ago I was talking online to a teenager who was enamored with Jimi Hendrix. I told him I'd never gotten to see Hendrix live, but could remember when he was performing, and when he died. He said something like "OMG! You remember Hendrix! My mom was born on the day Hendrix died!" :shock:

I remember back then most of the adult men I knew were WWII vets, and I used to pump them for stories. I thought it was so far off in the past. But now the Vietnam War, which I remember as current events (I wasn't there) is much farther in the past than WWII was then.

When I was a kid, my dad told me stories his grandfather, an American "Civil War" vet, had told him when he was a kid. That really wasn't that far back, if you think about it.

I think 50's pretty young, except when I'm yanking the chain of some uppity young whippersnapper.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

October 9th, 1988

Im 17... and I respect everybody who is older than I am. I hope when I am hitting those years I am as lively and still playing guitar. You guys really help me learn because it shows that no matter what they say, learning anything has no age limit.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Absolutely, Flash :D

You know, I think the definition of getting old (in the negative sense) has to be something like "the time when you stop learning!" I reckon the reason why so many artists, musicians, writers, religious leaders and so on just keep on doing better and better work until they die is that they don't ever stop learning, they never lose the joy of growing and changing and finding and communicating new stuff - and so they remain young however old they get.

May God grant that I never ever stop studying those who've travelled further than I have, and never ever stop learning new stuff and sharing it!

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

You guys will always be better off then us young chickens..:lol:

Rising petrol , water and electricity prices , water and air pollution , global warming , terrorism ...all this lies in store for us who still have to grow up :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

Hey Lotto King....

I am 27th January also but a few years later 1959 makes me 47 this year.....

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

You guys will always be better off then us young chickens..:lol:

Rising petrol , water and electricity prices , water and air pollution , global warming , terrorism ...all this lies in store for us who still have to grow up :oops:

But you didn't have to live through the Cuba missile crisis, the Arab-Israeli war, and all the other events that could have sparked WW3 and a terminal nuclear conflict between the USSR and the Allies. What happened on 9/11 and 7/7 was terrible indeed, but compared with a full-scale war with ICBMs - urrgh - doesn't bear thinking about. You know, a lot of us honestly believed it would happen - it was only a case of when. It put an odd slant on your adolescence - no wonder so many of us went so far down the chemical trail :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Just noticed next to my pic it says "senior" member. Does this mean I have to eat at Village in at 4:30? :o

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just noticed next to my pic it says "senior" member. Does this mean I have to eat at Village in at 4:30? :o

Did you noticed this post -

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=20072

Now maybe you don't have to pay that visit. :D

ReplyQuote
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

From Rahul's link:
We have changed the ranking system just a bit.

Senior member has now dropped to 500 posts from 1000
1000 posts is now Guitarnoise Denizen

Cool, I'm a lot closer than I thought (get ready for a bunch of pointless Slydog posts).

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

05.23.1977 - ...

7 - 7 = 0
2 + 3 = 5

3 - 1 = 2
5 - 2 = 3

3 - 2 = 1
3 ^ 2 = 9
5 + 2 = 7
9 - 2 = 7

As you see I am a conspiracy designed by the guy sitting in the sky. Numbers don't lie. Scientology is the future.

PS: Recall story about how the clock Feynman bought his wife stopped exactly at the moment she died.

Cheers.

I don't know about this feynman story ...?

Feynman's wife is very sick and is in the hospital. Next to her bed is the clock Feynman bought her. After her death, they look at the hospital report and they see that the clock has stopped at exactly the time of death on the hospital report. Feynman says if he was a sentimental person he might have looked for a heavenly explanation to this. However, being the scientist that he is, he finds the simple explanation. When her wife is discovered dead in her hospital room, the nurse looks at the clock in the room to mark the time of death without noticing that the clock stopped earlier. That's why the time of death (which is most likely inaccurate) is the same as the time the clock stopped running.

Later on he goes on to figure out why the space shuttle Challenger exploded shortly after launch and demonstrates it on TV using a glass of ice water and a rubber band.

I highly recommend his book "Surely you're joking Mr Feynman" to learn more about this interesting character (if you can get past the fact that he worked on the first atomic bomb).

Oktay

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

12 June 1985

Which makes me 21 in just over 5 months and 1 weeks time. My first milestone since 18! (and 16 before that)

I'm so glad that there is a real age variation between the people on this site. It shows that it doesn't matter how old you are (and I use the term respectively!) you can still enjoy the same stuff you did when you were younger.

I for one certainly plan to be still playing guitar in 40 years time! :P

"Im not growing older: I hit 20 then just started accumulating experience" - my mates dad

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Your mate's Dad is a very wise Man (Going on 27 years of "experience) :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 11