Clear all

Agile Guitars

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@badlefty)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

:?: Does anyone here own one of the Agile guitars? I'm looking at one of the LP knockoffs and as usual they have great reviews. So what do ya'll think?

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I love mine.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

+1. I really like my AL-3000. Cost less than $400, including shipping. I also own 2 Gibson Les Pauls, costing over $2,000 each. While the Agile is certainly not quite as good as the LPs, it is pretty darn close. I also owned several Epi LPs over the years, and my Agile is nicer than them.

ReplyQuote
(@guitbusy)
Trusted Member

I really like my 3 agiles. I think if the money works, you should go for one of the 3000 models. I also own a 2000 model and they are great for the price also, but the 3000 models have some added extras that I really like. A little better electronics, ebony fretboard, 2 piece vs 3, inlays, etc.

Check out http://www.agileguitarforum.com and you can get some great input on the model that you are looking at.

Older Newbie

ReplyQuote
(@hiram)
Trusted Member

I have a new 3100 CSB wide, paid 369.00 for it. I never considered an Agile until they offered a 1.75 nut and when they did I jumped on it. If you buy the 3000 or 3100 models they are nicer than the lower end models but the 2800's aren't too shabby. Agile is a good bang for the buck and they take it back and pay the shipping if you don't like it so for roughly 25.00 you get to play it for 30 days and shoot it back to them.

I love mine, the finish and fit is flawless and the setup wasn't too bad. It ain't no Gibson but it sounds better than any Epi Std's I played while I was shopping around for a few months.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I've never owned an Agile, but for the same price-point you can find a slightly "pre-owned" ESP ec-400 which will have USA Duncans.

The Greg Bennett Samick Avion series is supposed to be nice as well. All three (Agile, ESP, Samick) are made in Korea.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

The Agile guitars are a great guitar. It is made in Korea and that is a good thing for this price point. Korean made guitars for this money are usually pretty good. At $200 - $400 for an Agile, go for it. The only overseas guitars I have had a problem with are some Chinese guitars, not all. I have a Chinese made Epiphone SG that totally rocks. It all depends on the guitar. I have never heard of anyone having major issues with an Agile, that I assume you will be getting from Rondomusic.net. Rondo takes care of their customers. Period. This is my "general" equation : American>Japanese>Korean>Mexican>all others. Actually Korean and Mexican guitars are about equal.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

All three (Agile, ESP, Samick) are made in Korea.

Most likely in the same Samick factory ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I love my Agile AL-3000 Rootbeer.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I love my Agile AL-3000 Rootbeer.

Have you posted that in Post Your Gear yet?

That is too cool to not be listed!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

No I haven't posted it yet. I was meaning to but I never got around to it. This Agile looks great and sounds great but I'm just not used to playing an LP. The TONE on this thing is fantastic but my playing skill on it is NOT. Anyway, hopefully I will adjust to it.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Are you not used to the 24 3/4 scale or is it the neck? Is it a wider neck or the slim-taper? At any rate, I have had my eye on a Root Beer Agile, also. NIIICCCCEEE

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I've always played Strat style guitars and always while sitting, almost never standing. This Agile plays good, its just that I can't seem to get comfortable while playing it while I am sitting down.

As for the difference in scale, I truly expected to have some trouble. I didn't.

The neck is a standard size neck for Agile AL series guitars. I've heard that the slim is really really thin.

The painted neck also took some adjustment too.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

All three (Agile, ESP, Samick) are made in Korea.

Most likely in the same Samick factory ...
No, there are a BUNCH of different musical instrument factories in Korea, and the Agile line are significantly different from the Samick/Epis. What they correspond very closely to are the Tokai "Love Rocks" line of guitars, also made in Korea. As for pickups, they seem to be Gotoh-made. I'm very happy with the P-90s on mine and would never think of replacing them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

So, which model of AL did people get and why? Which features of that model as compared to the lower model were worth it to you? In looking at the feature list the AL-3000 seems to be a decent price / value point to me - the better hardware and pickups mostly. Anybody with multiple AL models able to give a comparison?

How about the neck width issue? My current guitar sits between the AL neck widths - mine is 1 11/16 and the AL's are 1 5/8 or 1 3/4. I'm not sure which way I would go - wider or narrower. How does the neck width feel?

What about the maple cap models? Any comparison on the sound of one with a non-maple cap model? Is it noticeably brighter sounding?

Has anybody replaced the tuners with locking tuners? Which ones fit into the existing holes?

I'm not sure that I'm going to buy one yet but I've had GAS rumblings over them for a few months and I'm thinking a little more seriously about it.

Thanks.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2