Skip to content
Alright : A poll on...

Notifications
Clear all

Alright : A poll on the FIFA...who's gonna win !!!

187 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
23 K Views
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Hi ,

It's in the game :D

Its on and we're all loving it , aren't we ?

So here comes the official poll...Even though my country doesn't play , yet , i am very excited over the team who's gonna win !

Yup , lets have the 'Time Of Our Lives'

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I picked Brazil, because England didn't impress me much today.

Trinidad and Tobago on the other hand, blew my mind today.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Has the USA Team been elimnated already? Don't see them listed in the "Official" poll.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Has the USA Team been elimnated already? Don't see them listed in the "Official" poll.
The Poll doohickey only allows for 10 options. I suppose that any other country would have to be a write in vote. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

WHAT A CRAP POLL ...

AUSTRALIA WILL WIN ...JUST LOOK AT OUR LINE UP

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Three BIG cheers for Trinidad and Tobago! Sweden is no push-over. I thought Trini would have got CREAMED.

Im with Hilch on this one though. The Ausies are lookin' really good.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I knew this would happen.But no extra options...

And the other teams can't be ruled out.

If you are going to take this thing personally and not in game's spirit , then , its up to you.

I am just enjoying the games.

ReplyQuote
(@niklas)
Reputable Member

Sweden were really bad against Trinidad. How can it be so hard to get the ball into the goal :x . If we don't win against Paraguay this is over for us.
Zlatan ibrahimovic is really overrated here.

I think Brazil will win again.

"Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage."

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

What suppoting your birth country is not in the spirit of SOCCER ?

Come off the grass have a good look at the English / German fans on Saturday night ?????

But I can't say Australia will win

Turn it up just because your mob won't be there

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

How about an equally official modification of the poll: if you're supporting the States or any other excluded nation just type it down. I'm sure we can all count the votes the old fashioned way. ;)

Milch: If you're from Australia you should support Australia. As far as I can see they don't seem to have a Henry, Ronaldinho or Messi in their squad, but if they can maintain their group discipline and stick to the tactics of Hiddink they can be a dangerous outsider atleast. But I guess that this worldcup is just the start of Australia catching on with the bigger nations. I really hope they get far, would do wonders for the sport over there. If things continue like this countries like Australia, United States, China and India could very well start dominating the sports.

I Loved Trinidad. They have an extremely mediocre squad, get down to ten man, and manage to hold back one of the strongest forwards of Europe. I've seen Zlatan when he was still at Ajax and he is not overrated at all, atleast not over here. He can shoot from basically anywhere, has a superb technique, is fysically very strong and is a total psycho, making him a one tough opponent. A shame he didn't play his best today, but he has had a very tough season at juventus I guess. I had to say I was thoroughly pissed off at Sweden (despite having put my money on Trinidad because it would have been a lame bet otherwise, with everyone betting on Sweden): How on earth can you play with FIVE defenders agains one poor, tired and untalented opponent when the opposition is far worse and down to then men?! The only hope Sweden has is that their lame, cowardly way of playing should work quite well against England. Can't say I'm looking forward to it but I can see them winning 1-0 due to some lame counter and ultra-tight defending.

Holland's to play Servia Montenegro in a few hours. As one part of the former Yuguslavia they have managed to grab most of their starplayers which isn't good news at all. Strictly looking at reputations Holland should win no problem but I fear Servia could become one of the surprises of the season. We'll see how it goes...

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Arjen , i think the way you do...and hence started the poll.I wish India someday plays in the FIFA.But come next year , and the ICC Cricket World Cup is there...and in that , we have some chances , provided we improve our game and lessen down the politics. (Although i still think nobody can beat Aussies in cricket)

Meanwhile , saw the Arjen Robbin's goal before half-time...Great :D

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'd like to see England win if USA doesnt (And I doubt they will) but there are so many GOOD teams it is really hard to say. I am like many of the rest of you. I just love watching good games. Dont really care who the match up is.

A while back I really got into watching the South American teams alot. Compared to USA and our MLS league they are brutal. I think we are just on the verge of learning how the rest of the world plays football, or soccer as we call it here. Hum, wondering how other countries feel when we refer to it as soccer. Does it bother you?

Anywho. Play on.. its gonna be good. I am going into work early tonight just so I can watch USA play tomorrow.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Rahul the poms can and did win the last ashes series much to the amazment of the Aussie cricketing populas ...

We may not have a Henry, Ronaldinho or Messi but might I just mention this little Aussie bloke playing in England ..Goes by the name Kewl ..Harry Kewel , or like we like to Harry Cool ...

Yeah yeah he may not have the reputation just yet of the ones already mentioned , but I bet everyone will remember his name after this World cup ...

AHHH sport it's almost as good as music

Hilch

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hum, wondering how other countries feel when we refer to it as soccer. Does it bother you?

I don't care what the USA calls it as long as they play it. :D

Hilch: Who knows, anything can happen in football. Maybe ronaldinho will be a major letdown and becomes the Kurt Cobain of football. At the very least Australia has a superior team compared with Greece, and they won the European Cup...

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

and becomes the Kurt Cobain of football.

Phew...i never knew people love cobain so much.Over 3 or 4 forums i see regularly , he's mentioned in some regard or the other. :roll:

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 13