Skip to content
Alright : A poll on...

Notifications
Clear all

Alright : A poll on the FIFA...who's gonna win !!!

187 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
23.1 K Views
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Donating him the Golden Goal was an insult to every other player on the tournement. I can understand they wanted to polish his Final Goodbye but you can't name someone the best player of the World Cup tournement if he only played thirty minutes or so top quality football. Add to his mediocre performances the suspension for the third match plus this headbutt and he really shouldn't have gotten it.

I asked babydoclaz who she thought had won the Golden Ball, and she listed 8 other players. When I told her it was ZZ, she said "What! That's not right!"

Marcelo Balboa (the Joe Theisman of soccer commentators) suggested the Italy captain (defender Cannelore?). Or you could pick any of the 3 final keepers - Buffon, Lehmann, or Ricardo. Klose might work, but he faded in the later rounds.

Cristiano Ronaldo should win an Oscar for his performance!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Cannelore

It's Fabio Cannavaro, and he definitely played an awesome tournement.

Yeah, but even though he is a pain in the butt his playing was excellent. As much as I hate to admit it.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Cannelore

It's Fabio Cannavaro, and he definitely played an awesome tournement.

Yeah, but even though he is a pain in the butt his playing was excellent. As much as I hate to admit it.

Thanks for the correction.

It should be interesting to see Rooney and C.Ronaldo back at practice...

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Laz,

I'm not sure that it will happen. Ronaldo had made mention that he had spoken to one of the Real Madrid bosses about a move, there. As far as is known, he didn't have permission, from Man. U. (or "the Scum", where I come from) and he's since said that he wants a move to Spain, so it's likely that he'll get his wish, assuming that they can come up with the transfer fee (which will be huge).
It's not only Rooney, that he's going to have to explain himself to, both Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand play for Manchester.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I got so much enjoyment seeing the football that i think i will watch the english premier league next August.

Football really rocks.Way much more than i thought it did.

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Yes but I seem to recall France doing ok in 98! SO his red card didn't hurt them then.

Correct, he came back in the quarter finals and was the absolute #1. But the foul was absurd, regardless of the consequences. I doubt France would have won the penalty shoot-out yesterday with Zizou but it remains a hopeless foul. In his defence I have to say he seems pretty upset about this whole situation himself, and I am quite sure he had some nasty stuff whispered in his ear before the headbutt, but still a shame. Espescially because he is an awesome sportsman.

As for this tournement: IMHO he played disastreous in the group stages. France played one proper match and that was the third one, when Zizou was suspended. When he played they had two hopeless draws. Not a single action or assist from Zidane at all during the group stages. Versus Spain he was pretty invisible as well, he only reaches his full potential versus Brazil. A hopelessly uninspired team that gave him all the room he needed.

But yeah, I don't really know who else. Fabio C. or Andrea P. maybe, or Buffon. Or Ronaldo (C.), Klose. To be fair it was a pretty mediocre tournement, quality-wise.
Sorry but chatted about this at work and people agreed that he was great against Spain, Brazil and Portugal and was looking like being MoM against Italy. Yes the headbutt was ridiculous (he must get insulted all the time in Italy and Spain so why react now?) and I would have given the award to Cannavaro, but I still think ZZ did more to help his team than any other individual.

I thought it was a fantastic tournament as every day I went back to work and we were all saying how good the previos night's games were.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

(he must get insulted all the time in Italy and Spain so why react now?)Materazzi touched a nerve apparently - Zidane's mum had been taken ill that day, although Materazzi denies insulting her. I think Zidane's reaction says all you need to know about whether Materazzi's telling the truth or not...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 13