Clear all

American Idol 2009

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I saw this on Per Bristow's blog, and thought it was pretty interesting, it's about how American Idol scouts and encourages people who aren't good to tell them why they are good, and why they can make it and says encouraging things because "the more the hope rises, the more dramatic the fall will be"

http://www.perbristow.com/american-idol-2009-to-blog-or-not-to-blog/

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@katreich)
Prominent Member

This should come as no surprise to anyone that has seen the show. It's obvious that they pick the worst of the worst for the first few shows. I myself have never been able to watch for more than 5 minutes at a time. Some friends at work can't believe that I don't watch, since "you're a musician". Yeah, I am, that's why I won't waste my time. I've always likened it to throwing people to the lions for entertainment.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

there is a gray area where I cannot tell why the judges liked or disliked someone or their performance. could be the TV sound repro or their mic'ing.

but the most interesting and telling early decision (for me) was when Randy and Simon said "yea" to bikini girl and the Paula and Kerri (that her name) said "no." wondered if that was scripted to set up and inject controversy for entertainment's sake. just seemed way too obvious. it was funny how extremely uncomfortable she made Ryan feel. he looked on the edge of being horrified when she embraced and tried to kiss him. maybe she promised Simon she'd torture Ryan, and that got his support.

but it's the same old same old: powered on schadenfreude.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote