Notifications
Clear all

Amp for "silent" acoustic guitar?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@chiba)
Topic starter  

Hi. I've been learning guitar for a couple of months now, playing a Yamaha Silent Guitar (SLG100S). It's great being able to practice late into the evening without waking my two toddlers. Anyway, occasionally I have the chance to make a little noise, so I'd like to add a cheap amp. The guitar has a "standard" type guitar line-out (3.5mm?). All the amps I see seem to have effects tailored for electric guitar, with no "straight through" setting. Is it going to be a problem if I plug my guitar into something like one of the Roland Cube amps?

(@simonb)
Eminent Member

I only play an acoustic and don't have an amp for it, so I'm not an expert on this, but I know you can get acoustic amps, which presumably would be the best option (how they differ from your regular electric guitar amp, I don't know). That said, the electric guitar amps will (AFAIK) all have a clean channel (or an option for a clean sound) which would be the straight through setting you are after, so I imagine that would also work well enough for amplifying an acoustic.

ReplyQuote