Clear all

Amp or Pickups?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@infamous16)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So I have recently got some money that I got from working over the summer, and I set aside $400 to buy something...I figured that my guitar setup could use a little help, so I started researching, lol. I'm using a Rg2ex2, and a cube 30 amp...I play ALOT of Killswitch Engage, and I want to get closer to that sound. The guitar I have basically has ibanez stock pickups with a little thing that says designed by emg, and they are passive for sure. I'm really wondering If I should upgrade my amp or my pickups...Some people say pickups, because stock ibanez pickups aren't very good at all, and some say a amp since new pickups wouldn't sound much better on my amp. If you vote for either of them, if you could suggest a amp/pup that would be awesome. For the amp it needs to $400 or less, and if it doesn't come with decent distortion, it has to be cheaper so I can buy a pedal, this is just for practicing and maybe some jamming in my friends basement, never gigs. For pups, any price range, as long as they aren't bare knuckles or whatever those self wound ones are, I might just need a bridge pickup, but I might as well do both...right?

Thanks a bunch!

blah.