Notifications
Clear all

Amp or Pickups?

18 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Are you really sure that those pickups are really meant for all metal? I mean, I really won't be playing anything but metal in the bridge pickup. The neck, it could be different, but I don't really care about that much. Tone zone looks like a pretty hot pickup, that can do almost anything pretty good, I want something that can do metal Awesome, and everything else....meh.
Depends on how you define "metal." They'll get you a musical John Petrucci tone for sure, but you might want something with less midrange. If you call Dimarzio and tell them the tone you're looking for, they'll tell you which ones match up best.

Oh, and that's good advice from the Dali; maybe something simple like a distortion pedal would better suit your needs.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@infamous16)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I am planning to go to GC soon, because I can try out the pickups on guitars, and I can try out pedals with my guitar. I know for a fact that they have a cube 30 in one of the corners, and my same guitar since its a GC special guitar that can only be bought from them.

Maybe I will end up calling them up....But basically I'll be playing:

Killswitch engage
Machine head
Pantera
Metallica
lamb of god
all that remains
and other metal and metal core bands.

And for the tone I really wan't, for killswitch engage they usually set there amps to really high treble, a little bit more then half way mids....or barely any mids, and high bass. If that helps at all.

blah.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

It appears that KSe uses EMG pickups and custom guitars. I couldn't find any information on the pedals they use. I would try their website... you might be able to get a diagram of their effects loop which would help with your pedal purchase(s).

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2