Clear all

amps...

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jbswish57)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Could anyone recomend a good starting amp because I have a cheap amp right now and it doesn't really work that well...preferrably under $200! Thanks! :lol: :D

(@lion2)
Trusted Member

Get the Epiphone Valve Junior. It's a true tube amp for only $139. Or you can get the head version if you have a speaker cabinet for $99. It doesnt have many features but it sounds great. Im planning on getting one myself.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/home/navigation?q=valve+junior

Here's a video of it in action:
http://www.gearwire.com/epiphone-valve-junior-lab.html

ReplyQuote
(@jbswish57)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey thanks a lot lion! I'm just new to the whole guitar thing and it's always helpful for good advice!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

What type of music do you intend to play?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Roland Cube - doesn't matter how powerful, Micro cube is the smallest but the Cube 15 is one heck of a practise amp....

Doesn't come with reverb though, you might have to try the cube 30 for that....although it does come on the micro-cube, hell you can play ANY style of music on that without p***ing off the neighbours....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

the micro cube is an awsome little amp, i'm a tube amp guy, but you can't go wrong with the micro cube, it can run on batteries also 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@boudreau)
Eminent Member

I have a Roland Cube and can't say enough good things about it for the price. Check them out!

ReplyQuote
(@landog)
Eminent Member

I got the Roland Cube 15 for Christmas. To be fair, it's my 1st and only Amp, but I am very satisfied with it.

The clean channel plays clean and the Lead channels give nice distortion. I really like the power squeeze option, as I'm usually just playing in the living room

The other really handy feature has been the ability to use headphones. My wife goes to bed fairly early, and it's nice to be able to throw the headphones on and practice without disturbing anyone.

Cheers,
Steve

ReplyQuote