An amazing guitarist.

128 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
10 K Views
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Really. This guy is really good. I don't need to hear any comments about no sould or no feeling. Whatever. The man is amazing. The fact that it's improve just makes it even more amazing. Watch his two handen harmonizing. Yeah that's right He doesn't just do a two handed tapping thing, he harmonizes a melody line.

Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATub40Npxik

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Not a clue what you just said or what he's doing, but his playing sounds really cool. And the shaking at the beginning made my eyes hurt.

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Obbity, obbity, obbity.

Wow. :shock:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Unbelievably great. Love that.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Pretty cool. i must say he was very smooth, didn't even look like he was playing at times.

Did you notice the scalloped frets?

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Never noticed the frets. Hid did mess up a bit at one point. It weren't not fakery I can guarantee that.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Man, that dude can play some serious guitar :shock:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

He did make it look practically effortless.

I can't stop watching that one. :shock:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This makes the difference between shredding and 'fast and excellent music' pretty obvious. Fantastic skill, and best of all this guy was digging his sound instead of his ego. Great stuff!

hue: Sorry, didn't hear emotion. But I don't see emotion in a Lambo while I do see it in a Bentley. Can't blame this guy for my lacking taste. :D

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I liked the melodic intro but after he started what I like to cal "guitar theatrics" I got TOTALLY bored. He is extremelly technically proficient but it seems playing like that is just full of tricks and theatrics to keep you ENTERTAINED. I prefer music that makes you explore yourself, the music, and makes you think.

But I'll say it once again: he is very skilled- just not my style.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I liked the melodic intro but after he started what I like to cal "guitar theatrics" I got TOTALLY bored. He is extremelly technically proficient but it seems playing like that is just full of tricks and theatrics to keep you ENTERTAINED. I prefer music that makes you explore yourself, the music, and makes you think.

But I'll say it once again: he is very skilled- just not my style.

Well said and I agree.

If he would have left some of the "fluff" out it would have been better. I for sure liked the beginning very much.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I prefer music that makes you explore yourself, the music, and makes you think.

No, you prefer music you like. And music someone likes makes one explore him/herself and think, that's why people generally like music. Just because you don't like the music doesn't mean the music itself does not make one do anything on your list. How you personally perceive and experience music has nothing to do with the actual properties of music itself.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, I really liked it! If it was not sped up, that dude was great! I have a feeling it was sped up somehow though. Otherwise this guy should be touring the world in some band, even though, he is visually unappealing. Can he play standing up? EH?! more info is needed!!!!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

I prefer music that makes you explore yourself, the music, and makes you think.

No, you prefer music you like. And music someone likes makes one explore him/herself and think, that's why people generally like music. Just because you don't like the music doesn't mean the music itself does not make one do anything on your list. How you personally perceive and experience music has nothing to do with the actual properties of music itself.
I don't want to get into a long argument with you Arjen, but I am going to have to somewhat disagree with you.

Yes, what you said is true. But, I am just going to say that there is a gigantic amount of music out there that is empty and requires no thought and exploration. But along with what you said, there are people out there that are empty and therefore stimulated by empty music.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Aha! You don't hear anything in some music so it is empty. Other people do so they're empty too! What's best, you don't like it so you are not empty. And with that mentality you could go even further: you listen to music you consider to be emotional and soulful, so that music is emotional and soulful. And because you listen to it you are a person with great emotions and soul. So in other words: if you don't understand other's peoples taste it's because they are empty and lack soul, and you are the person to judge that because you listen to good music.

Fantastic philosophy, I'm going to use it as well. :)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9