Clear all

Another topic but i think you guys will appreciate it

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just saw Tom Petty live this past Saturday and he was AWESOME, I don't know how decent of a guitar player he is considered but I love his music. Also witnessed were the Black Crowes, and on Sunday Cheap Trick and ZZ Top.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

(@bford)
Reputable Member

Tom Petty and the Black Crowes were in KC about a week ago and I wanted to see them but missed it. I'm sure it was a good show. I like Tom's style. A little Dylanesk. I don't think the cost for tickets was too bad either. Considering the going rate for some shows these days. How was the ZZTop show? I have tickets to see them in Sept. at the KS State fair. I am looking forward to seeing that little ole' band from Texas.

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If Tom Petty was good enough to be a Travelling Wibury, then George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison and Bob Dylan must have thought he was a pretty decent singer/songwriter/guitarist....wouldn't mind a few references like that on my CV......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think i like eagles much more than anyone else... :)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Tom Petty and the Black Crowes were in KC about a week ago and I wanted to see them but missed it. I'm sure it was a good show. I like Tom's style. A little Dylanesk. I don't think the cost for tickets was too bad either. Considering the going rate for some shows these days. How was the ZZTop show? I have tickets to see them in Sept. at the KS State fair. I am looking forward to seeing that little ole' band from Texas.
I saw ZZ on july 2nd, they kicked it, played for like 2 1/2 hours. Great show, played every tune they ever recorded and some new stuff

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

I want to like the Mescalero disc, but I think it's a bit too over-produced. Lots of great tracks, but just a little too much processing going on. It would have worked better with cleaner bass and drums throughout.

But a great example of a band that isn't trying to rest on their history. They're still taking chances with music, and that's great to see.

Haven't seen Petty in years. Last saw him as a Wilbury, and yeah, he does rock!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Sounds good Teleplayer. When it was first announced that they were the coming I told my wife we were going. With a report like yours I am even more stoked about the show. I can't wait to hear their blues live.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

I think i like eagles much more than anyone else... :)

The Eagles rock too. My wife and I got to see them a few years back thanks to Joe Walsh. Had he not chosen Wichita to play at chances are we would never have seen them. It was a great show even if the tix were 100 bucks each. I would pay it again.

ReplyQuote