Clear all

Any Opinions on GarageBand?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I just got GarageBand for my iPad and have been playing with it for a bit. I haven't got the iRig to plug my guitar yet. I'd like to use it to lay down some background tracks, record my own riffs and vocals? Anyone use or have used it and have opinions? If you have any tracks mixed with this software please them.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I just got GarageBand for my iPad and have been playing with it for a bit. I haven't got the iRig to plug my guitar yet. I'd like to use it to lay down some background tracks, record my own riffs and vocals? Anyone use or have used it and have opinions? If you have any tracks mixed with this software please them.

I know a lot of pros that use the iPad/iRig combo for brainstorming and demo recordings of song ideas. If you can afford it, it sounds like a go to me.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I have used it in the past (I use Logic now) and you will get some pretty good results with it. There are some excellent drum loops which you can use to piece together and some of the amps/effects are excellent. I would have a look on Youtube for some tutorials as there is more you can do with Garageband than you may at first think.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I use it in a MacBook when I record my practicing. It is easy to use. I also know lot of people that use the iPad version (guitar and keyboard players).

ReplyQuote
(@bondmorkret)
Eminent Member

I haven't used it extensively but it seems easy to use, and fun to get started with music making!

Online Guitar Lessons at BondTuition.com

ReplyQuote