Clear all

Anyone else get this PM?

13 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I'm living in Chile, SA. I would need to send order to miami & then on to Chile. I'm looking for tex mex, jap & US strats & other models of usa, good jap, in the 600usd or below price range. Could possibly buy up to 5-10 or20 guits. depending on wholesale offer & shipping costs.
Thank You,
Gary Finlayson
www.garfin.cl
56-2-8855438
cel: 56-9-76098256

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

No, I didn't get it, but it sounds like a scam to me.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Nope, I did not. But getting a PM from someone whom you don't know- just like that, I would be wary.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

can you forward that to me?

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

It sounds like the emails I always get from people living in places like Nigeria who want me to send them money for something or other. Looks like Nick is taking care of it, though. :)

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

It sounds like the emails I always get from people living in places like Nigeria who want me to send them money for something or other. Looks like Nick is taking care of it, though. :)
I don't live in Nigeria, so it's perfectly in order for you to send money to me (as long as it's not Nigerian...) :D :D :D :D :D :D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

you've just won the International Lottery!,
please send your name, address, and phone number on the hood of a 2009 Corvette to me,
and i will handle all the banking duties free of charge!
p.s. there may be some S/H charges :mrgreen:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Funny you should say that because a gentleman from Belgium just informed me that I won the Euromillions email lottery. All I have to do to claim my million Euros is call him and give him all my information. Funny that his phone number was from Belgium but his email IP address was in Kentucky.

Greybeard, I think you are the one with all the money. Not all of us are rich enough to own an elephant. :mrgreen:

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Funny you should say that because a gentleman from Belgium just informed me that I won the Euromillions email lottery. All I have to do to claim my million Euros is call him and give him all my information. Funny that his phone number was from Belgium but his email IP address was in Kentucky.

Greybeard, I think you are the one with all the money. Not all of us are rich enough to own an elephant. :mrgreen:An elephant? That's my face! :D

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Hello friend,

I hope you don't mind that I contacted you this way but it is of grave importance. I (insert funky foreign name) am the arbitor of the now deceased (insert foreign monarch). Having no known benificiaries I was instructed to distribute the money to persons worthy as I see fit. To this effect and through diligent research I discovered yourself and felt that you and your talent could put it to use. I am prepared to offer you the sum of 200 000 000 (insert bank note type) which is equal to 50 million American dollars. All I would need you to do is send me your information and I will mail you the bankers cheque.(and here's the catch) Once you have deposited the cheque I will need you to imediately wire me a sum of only $20 000 for my fees. After which the cheque will bounce and the bank will confront you demanding the $20000 which you withdrew fraudulently.

Great scam huh? Ruining people's lives out of greed. May their armpits be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

An elephant? That's my face! :D
From whence the expression "butt ugly" came.
(No offense, greybeard. Just a side note on the evolution of linguine.)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@unimogbert)
Estimable Member

Apparently there is a pastime of scamming the scammers.

See: http://419eater.com/

I like the story of The Church of the Holy Mackerel where they get the scammer to send a pic of himself holding a fish on his head to prove his sincerity.

Unimogbert
(indeterminate, er, intermediate fingerstyle acoustic)

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I think the story of the P-P-P-PowerBook is my favourite "scam the scammer" story. Awesome. (Not that I condone such behaviour, of course. But I sure do get a chuckle reading about it.)
TZ

ReplyQuote