Clear all

Anyone writing Blogs?

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone... I recently started writing a blog, and I'll be starting up a "story blog" shortly with a friend of mine. Does anyone here have a blog they would like to share?

My current blog is at http://guinnessguitar.blogspot.com/

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, me: http://learningbass.wordpress.com/

I started when I bought the bass. The name is in English but I write it in Spanish, so I didn't say anything in the forums (you are very patience guys and gals but I can not write a blog in English).

Basically, I write my adventures with the bass and related gear and songs. I tried to explain in the 'about page' that the blog is really a kind of 'networked notebook'. I write some notes that are basically useful for me but it could be possible that it could be useful for the others. And it is! I'm having lots of access to the theory pages.

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

I am a proud non-blogger. Nothing really personal against bloggers, but unless your famous, no one random peron is gonna give a crap about what you think just because you put it in a blog.

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Not writing them or reading them.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I write one, although I haven't been lately. It's not really music related, with the exception of occasional CD/concert stories/reviews. http://blog.jeffwmartin.com if you're interested (Rated R for Language, alcohol use, adult themes)

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I am a proud non-blogger. Nothing really personal against bloggers, but unless your famous, no one random peron is gonna give a crap about what you think just because you put it in a blog.
I'm not sure I understand. Why are you proud you are a non-blogger?

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Never blogged.
But I'll check yours out.

So, what do you mean by story blog?

Can I contribute? (Be careful how you answer that question.)

No one cares what I have to say anyway.
Sounds kinda therapeutic to me . . . like going into an empty room to scream.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A buddy of mine and I are writing a "story" blog where each day (or every few days) one of us will add to the story. So instead of random facts and figures from our experiences (which is what my initial BLOG is) it will tell a fictional story.

-=- Steve

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Usually I don't like the blogs, the typical opinion or personal blogs. And I don't like the blogs that are not really blogs, they should be plain web sites. A blog isn't a web site, a blog uses the concept of 'date'. When you publish a post, it has a date. You can consider it as a diary or as a periodical publication. Sometimes people uses blogs because they are easier to maintain.

But there are also very good blogs, for example, the GN Blog. I'm a reader from it was announced. You receive small notes on guitar issues every some days.

If you avoid all kind of blogs perhaps you are losing some interesting things! :)

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

Im proud of it because not being a blogger seperates me from other people who uses the internet to prove their own self worth by posting their sarcastic thoughts. But maybe I'm not too much better, because this is where I post mine. Maybe I'm getting to the point where I can happliy contradict myself.....but I'll never say cover bands are good :D

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote