Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

At work today...

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The UPS driver shows up with his usual cart full of boxes, and piled among them was a gig bag with a shipping tag on the handle.
Before the receptionist signs for everything, I decide to open it and make sure it hasn't been damaged in transit between Toronto and Winnipeg.

Turning it over, I see that it is a Gibson USA gig bag.

And inside I find a brand new Gibson Les Paul Studio in satin Black, with gold hardware.
With Alice Cooper's autograph on it.

Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be damaged. It was almost in tune, right out of the case.
Plays so much nicer than my 1970s Japanese knock-off.

Then I check the paperwork, and it's addressed to the sales director.
It's a prize for a corporate golf tournament (invites only, top corporate clients only).

*sigh*

Oh well, at least I got to play with it for a couple of minutes. And it wasn't damaged due to stupid packaging.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Holy smokes! 8) 8) 8)

Who wouldn't want to keep that! Les Pauls are starting to get expensive here north of the border... yet the dollars are near equal. The Studio is very attractive and as you've seen, a fine instrument to play. There's one here now, $2200 in Thunder Bay.

Anyhow... what an interesting day. :P

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Alice loves golf -- probably playing your corporate tourney. since you "saved" the prize, maybe you can meet him.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Noble Member

Alice loves golf -- probably playing your corporate tourney. since you "saved" the prize, maybe you can meet him.

Yeah, he played televised celebrity tournament (kinda the Big Brother of Golf, or Golfers Got Talent) over here a while back and was the best player by far. That was really funny to watch an episode of. I didn't expect it at all.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I have a black Les Paul Studio with gold hardware and I played golf this morning. Want my autograph? The price of Les Pauls has gotten out of hand. I bought mine in 1992 and only paid $749 for it. I suppose it's an investment now isn't it. (No Alice Cooper autograph though)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Want me to write "Alice Cooper" on it?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I asked, he isn't.
But I did find out that he does play one of the local courses any time he is near. He even did some radio commercials for them. And that course's pro is Alice's caddy in the off season.

Apparently the guitar is being auctioned for charity at the wind-up banquet after the tournament. They figure they can get over $2000
I'm told it was donated by Gibson, and a friend of a friend of our sales director knows Alice, so the autograph was fairly easy to get.

Still frustrated about whoever shipped it, though.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote