Clear all

Avenged Sevenforld

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 DV8
(@dv8)
Topic starter  

Anyone out there listening to thier new album out there besides me? I am digging on the album alot and no not just the two singles on there. I think it is refreshing to finally have a new band with a guitarist like Synyster Gates that can actually play more than just power chords :roll: .

(@michhill8)
Honorable Member

They actually have good talent.... I just don't like the music they make really. To me it seems like some parts of their songs are a little lame. Just me though, I'm sure I like music that you really don't so no offense meant here.

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Kerrang! tv in the UK like them, but I have to admit to thinking they're decidedly average. I won't change channels just because they're on but they've got a long way to go to make an impact.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

I'll admit that they're music isin't earth-shattering or anything, but I agree with you DV8. I really like what they're doing. It's really refreshing to see a thrash metal band trying to get out there and try different, creative things. I think that if the genre is going to evolve beyond todays cut-and-dried, drop-D, power picking, there definitely need to be more bands like Avenged Sevenfold who are willing to go out on a limb and do something new and fun with the style.

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Their music is a mix of two genres which I dont like very much. Punk and Metal. However the album that they just put out (City of Evil) just could be the album that gets the new generation interested in guitar. There are some awesome guitar parts on that album btw. So, as a guitarist, I respect them...

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@gutfiddle)
Reputable Member

I really like the guitar in "Bat Country" and "Beast and the Harlot" and its inspired me to try to play some fast metal riffs, I guess the lame emo vocal parts are to appeal to chicks, I dont know.

Thinkin' bout the times we had
Some were good and some were bad
guitar fightin' the tv
i was thinkin bout you and me

ReplyQuote