Clear all

Baseball Stadium Surprise

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I took my kids to catch Dylan on the baseball stadium tour last night. Dylan did a fantastic concert. His current band sounds great. Now I'm really looking forward to his new album.

Also on the bill were Elana James and the Continental Two (who are really three but who's counting?), Junior Brown, and Jimmy Vaughan.

Vaughan did a very fine blues set and announced a special surprise guest, an amazing guitarist according to Vaughan. Out comes Eric Clapton for three numbers.

It was a very fine evening indeed!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Wow! Sounds like a great time! I'm sure you and your kids will remember it for the rest of their lives!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

What a surprise! That's pretty awesome...one to remember.

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Very cool. If I remember correctly, you're in or around Columbus, OH, aren't you musenfreund? I know Clapton has a home there as I think that's where his wife is from. Sounds like a good show.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yes, it was the Columbus show. When I saw Clapton there last year, he referred to Columbus as his hometown. For years I've hoped he might pop in on a show as a surprise guest. Last night, he did!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well you can't beat that, Dylan and Clapton on the same night...sounds like it was a good night.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote