Clear all

Become Good Charlotte in 8 easy steps

73 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

She is fine though I do have to agree with that, but maybe just a bit too moody. Would you really walk a thousand miles just to get a taste of that attitude? The proclaimers on the other hand real nice guys, but not so easy on the eye.

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

About Good Charlotte...

While they definitely aren't practicing their chops 12 hours a day, they really are fairly respectable musicians. Heard them do some of their stuff unplugged and they're arrangements were pretty good if I may say so.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Undercat have you met Rotten? I bet you would get on real well.

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

About Good Charlotte...

While they definitely aren't practicing their chops 12 hours a day, they really are fairly respectable musicians. Heard them do some of their stuff unplugged and they're arrangements were pretty good if I may say so.

Sorry just my opinion, but they suck.

Here's a GC chop:

E-|-------------------|--------------------|-------------------|--------------------|
B-|-------------------|--------------------|-------------------|-------------------|
G-|-------------------|---8-8-8-8-8-8---|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|-------------------|
D-|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|---8-8-8-8-8-8---|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|---8-8-8-8-8-8---|
A-|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|---4-4-4-4-4-4---|---8-8-8-8-8-8---|
E-|---4-4-4-4-4-4---|--------------------|-------------------|---6-6-6-6-6-6---|

Just work around that and you can play any GC song (Yes it is a bit extream but not far from the truth).
I dont know what you think, but to me thats pretty groundbreaking.(sarcasm)

Lyrics:
C#5 G#5
It?s a new day, but it all feels old
C#5 G#5
It?s a good life, that?s what I?m told
C#5 G#5 F#5
But everything it all just feels the same
C#5 G#5
And my high school, it felt more to me
C#5 F#5
Like a jail cell, a penitentiary
C#5 G#5 F#5
My time spent there it only made me see

That beats the hell out of any Frost or Keats iv ever read. (Again sarcasm)

I don't know, i just cant stand them. Its one thing to be unique and original (Real Macoy), and its another to be unique; by conforming to what is unique, and unoriginal a$$clowns (Good Charlotte).

Just My opinion
Dirty Rotten

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

She is fine though I do have to agree with that, but maybe just a bit too moody. Would you really walk a thousand miles just to get a taste of that attitude? The proclaimers on the other hand real nice guys, but not so easy on the eye.

:twisted: hell yeah !!

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

... well i guess i'd take a plane first - i'll start walkin from the airport though :)

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

oo, power chord band i take it....rotten, how much cash u make off the last song you wrote?

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Just goes to prove that nice guys finish last

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

id say it clearly shows theres an audience for this music.

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

Sorry Taso Im still talking about the Avril and Proclaimers, the Proclaimers are proof that nice guys finish last. Sorry for the confusion

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have never made a cent off any music I've created, and probably never will. It truly is a shame that success is measured by profit. Yes of course GC has an audience, if they didn't we wouldn't be having this discussion. Take a look at their target audience, teenagers. Adults, as well as teenagers base their opinions on things that they know, and hold as truths. What does a teenager know? I hate my parents, teachers, authority figures, to a certain degree. I love my friends, sports, partying, music, and any thing that can show they're rebellious and free. And freekin MTV. GC fits perfectly into the formula of profit. Not really difficult to cram a crap band like GC down the youth of Americas throat. How much musical appreciation does the average teenager have? Absolutely none; even if they did they would still like GC to fit in with their friends. I know my public school system has an absolutely disgraceful musical program.

Unfortunately for MTV, corporate America and other kings of industry I started thinking for myself along time ago. I stopped being such a consumer, and stopped excepting every piece of crap they try to slam down my throat. Then try to justify it with ' well they have an audience', and ' they do make a trillion dollars an album'.
Think for yourself man, that's all I can suggest.

Just my opinion,
Dirty Rotten

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

I saw the on the conan o'brien show i thought they sucked - they are really bad

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

The Stones, the beatles, almost any band that is considered legendary now, was once directed at teenagers, and identified with by teenagers. I'm afraid I'm missing the point?

My point was, GC made it, you should be happy for them, cause thats almost every groups dream.

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

(Just to rabble rouse a little)

How much do I hate it when people say that, " You should be happy for them, because they XYZ". Like hell I will. I'd be a whole lot happier if it was me, and I refuse to pretend I'm glad it was someone else instead. I feel no compunction to take joy in anothers success. None. I would much rather take joy in my own "cause if someone has to suffer it obviously can't be me" (Daffy Duck said that). If you worked hard to get where you are, good for you, so did most other people, most people just weren't in the right place at the right time to get the chance to make it big, or succeed, or whatever.

For every musician you see on MTV there are likely 100 better ones out there who'll never get the chance. Fame, and the chance to get it , is a crap-shoot. More a matter of luck than of anything else in many cases. I don't care if someone made it, why should we feel happy for them. Wanting something for yourself is not wrong. Why do we insist on demanding that people feel good about what someone else has? Do you know why, it's a myth, propegated by the wealthy so they can stay wealthy, without the poor (who actually made the money for them) rising up and taking it away from them. These folks (the wealthy) have been in control of education (since pre-biblical times), religion, and more recently the media, heck, the wealthy control all on the major sources of societal indoctrination and have used them to brainwash us into beleiving we should be glad when someone else has something we don't. That's poop, my friends, pure, poop. Am I glad for Bill Gates because he has more money than God, heck no. I'm wondering why he dosen't give everyone in North America a $100.00 so we can party for a weekend, or heaven forbid, buy some food for the family. Why should a inner city welfare mother feel glad for what some rich fat cat has, or for some pablum puking teen angst band who gets a million bucks for lyrics that could have some from a highshcool yearbook cover.

Brainwashing and indoctrination is the name of the game folks. The rich have us believing we should feel glad for what they have. Don't. The media tells us what's proper. Ignore it. We live in a society where a person can make $10 000 000 per year for bouncing a ball and putting it through a hoop, or hitting a frozen peice of rubber with a stick, but the person teaching our children gets $30 000 per year and the lady in the day-care centre gets minimum wage. There is no equity. Revel in your success if you have it. You don't have to be glad because someone else has what you don't. Our teachers deserve ten time what they get, atheletes are a anomaly, a curiosity, whose skills benifit no one but themselves. If you want to give someone $10 000 000 dollars a year for performing a skill, give it to the surgeon who puts a new heart in your dying child, give it to the firemen who run in when others run away. Don't give it to the guys twanging on stage and soaking up your hard earned money, don't give it to a guy who just can bounce a ball real well. Don't feel guilty about wanting what someone else has and if you don't want to be happy for them don't. The happier you are at the bottom the better it is for those at the top. Why should the poor be happy for the rich? Why should the unknown be happy for the famous? In the end you only have to look after yourself and your family. Feel free to want what you don't have and feel free not to take joy in anothers luck.

BTW, who in the name of God is Good Charlotte? Wait a minute, it dosen't matter, I want what they have and I don't feel guilty about it.

:wink:

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Great post Narn. Good job and very good philosophy.
The Stones, the beatles, almost any band that is considered legendary now, was once directed at teenagers, and identified with by teenagers. I'm afraid I'm missing the point?

There is a difference, generally legendary bands have musical talent. GC has no musical talent. Legendary bands play music to play music. I'm sure they never turned down money, but it wasn't their primary driving force. Legendary bands didn't have to be thrown in everyone's faces to be noticed.

Dirty Rotten

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5