Clear all

Become Good Charlotte in 8 easy steps

73 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

I would sooner shave my balls with a rusty cheesegrater than listen to this absolute shiat.

Some people pay good money for that sort of thing.

Cant this all be sorted out by saying If you like a band then buy there music but if you dont then spend your money on something else, we know what spadge would rather spend his money on. As for me I dont care if GC make bad music, I just spent all my money on a new guitar, a pizza and a Ben Harper CD. So I guess what im trying to say is, im off to have some fun.

Narn if you are ever in Bristol UK look me up, theres always time for poker at momma's house.

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry fellas, iv been away for a bit.

Good Charlotte are doing what every other artist does - yes, artist - displaying their product.

Mr. Green,
I see what your saying. I view bands, (like GC), as artist the same way a child draws on a wall. Very simple, but no Rembrandt. I could push a pen through a paper cup, and call it art. I doubt you would buy it as art; well maybe modern art. And furthermore, I would expect you to be aggravated at every attempt to sell you this piece of art with a mindless bombardment of advertisement. But you and I know its just a damn pen through a cup. Well that's how I feel about allot of bands/musicians now.

Im so passionate about this because my musical appreciation (among other things), has grown exponentially since I strummed my first chord. Before, my knowledge of music was non-existent. Now I cant live without it, and I respect it. Music is a humanity and humanities should contribute to a culture. I fail to see any aspect of this music that makes our culture any better for it. In fact it represents the worst parts of our society; the quick buck, ignorance, materialism, consumerism, and greed. I don't care if they are rich. I don't care if they have fans. And I certainly don't care if you call them artists. But you and I both know its just a damn pen through a cup.

Just a blurb,
Dirty Rotten

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@death_to_theory)
Trusted Member

Spadge wrote:
I would sooner shave my balls with a rusty cheesegrater than listen to this absolute shiat.

lol same here m8 GC sucks

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

*reads tucker's last post* hmmm.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@lostbeggining)
Reputable Member

Amazing how people have nothing better to do than slag music off just because it doesnt appeal to them.....shame..........shame............ point is that they make music because they enjoy it and it makes them feel better and has the same effects on their fans....i think people should stop looking at music as though u have to study it for 20 years to be good at it.........i personally listened 2 a GC song when i went through a rough patch....and im not going to go into detail cuz this isnt an agony aunt page.....but i listened to it and ok...i didnt exactly like them at the time...but i listened to it and it helped me......a lot.......anyone with a passion for music will know that music is an expression of our heart......not an education.....and everyone has feelings they can express.........thats wot makes music beautiful.......not that u can play millions of scales sitting upside down eating a bowl of cereal....but that it comes from your heart........................

sorry if i offended people.........guess its just a touchy subject for me when people slag off songs that could easily have saved people and could easily mean a lot to people

*sigh*...........i dunno

sorry

NeM H

Rain Shadow

ReplyQuote
(@sunsetncnja)
Trusted Member

Actually, Blink 182 has said on numerous occasions that they are in it for the money, chicks, and to have fun. So, they're not really decieving anyone.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Actually, Blink 182 has said on numerous occasions that they are in it for the money, chicks, and to have fun. So, they're not really decieving anyone.

And how many of us here can say our day jobs give us all that?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Wow, there's a lot of meaningless garbage here.

So their stuff is simple. Doesn't make it bad. In fact, simplicity is a virtue that a lot of songwriters can't really grasp, and their music suffers.

Think back to the old jazz days, big band swing-type music gave birth to what is likely one of the most complex forms of music ever devised: Bebop: which is mostly all instrumental, melodically and harmonically extremely complex, and... for the most part impossible to dance to. In the grand scheme of things, the archetype was a failure, especially in relation to it's genre counterparts: Swing (before it) and cool jazz (following).

What people are missing is that music isn't made for musicians, it's made for listeners. Music is no more meant to be analyzed down to it's most suble harmony than a painting is meant to be looked at one brush stroke at a time.

For anyone who thinks good music can't be made from 3 power chords, you have entirely missed the point.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What people are missing is that music isn't made for musicians, it's made for listeners. Music is no more meant to be analyzed down to it's most suble harmony than a painting is meant to be looked at one brush stroke at a time.

Creative criticism is having an understanding of a specific topic(Music) and using that understanding to compare and contrast an individual component(Song). Without any understanding, creative criticism becomes good/bad; not very broad. How can you be a student of music(or anything subject) and not "analyzed down to it's most (subtle) harmony"? If a musician did, they wouldn't learn anything, and their music would reflect it with simplicity. Simplicity doesn't define horrible music. When it's the predominant element its not garbage, its ignorance.

And how many of us here can say our day jobs give us all that?

Pretty materialistic Mr. Green.

Dirty Rotten

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Well I highly doubt this topic is going to get anyone anywhere, nor change GC's music. To be honest, I highly doubt any of the members from GC come to guitarnoise. Although it is completly possible.

I once believed in causes too,
had my pointless point of view,
but life went on no matter who was
wrong or right

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

"For anyone who thinks good music can't be made from 3 power chords, you have entirely missed the point."

AMEN BRUTHA! I'll be one of the first to jump on the "GC SUCKS" bandwagon, but i do admit that they do things I cant do, like writing music. I just don't like what they write. Who cares how they play it. Who cares what chords they play. Who cares if there's no solo. Who cares if it's not "technically perfect." Perfection bores the crap out of me.

Just because you don't have solos, or your melodies arent all intricate then doesnt mean it's not good. Look at Dylan. He uses mostly basic open chords and he's one of the greatest EVER. Just like my sig says, all i got is a red guitar, three chords and the truth, the rest is up to you...

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Its a beautiful day out there, the sun is shining. The world is in chaos. People's hatred's of each other's through differences is growing at an alarming rate, whether religious, ideological, whatever!

This is a music site, run by musicians for musicians. Let's not get hung up on who's good, bad, ugly, useless.

From my point of view, I haven't even heard of this band. But they must have SOMETHING to have stirred all this up.

If they can play a few chords, write a few lyrics, they are no different to a million other people who i respect for getting off their ar**s and doing something rather than be a drain on the good old taxpayer and society generally.

Far too much hot air expelled on this thread, most unlike any other i have read on this FANTASTIC site!

Matt :cry:

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Just because you don't have solos, or your melodies arent all intricate then doesnt mean it's not good. Look at Dylan. He uses mostly basic open chords and he's one of the greatest EVER. Just like my sig says, all i got is a red guitar, three chords and the truth, the rest is up to you...

Agreed; however, Mr. Dylan had an abnormal voice, which created his dynamic music. His political messages also contributed to his popularity.
Far too much hot air expelled on this thread, most unlike any other i have read on this FANTASTIC site!

Again I absolutely agree. This is a fantastic site. As long as no one becomes offended I don't think of it as "hot air", it's opinion. I happen to respect every ones opinion here, though I may not agree with it. I retort only for intellectual conversation, and encourage anyone interested to do the same. If you believe it's hot air, stay out the kitchen.

Dirty Rotten

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Dirty Rotten

Stay out of the kitchen? I try to avoid being in the kitchen at all costs. I leave that to my wife, Charlotte :lol:

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

HAA Good Chalotte!

Dirty Rotten

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5