Become Good Charlotte in 8 easy steps

73 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
22.8 K Views
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Rotten

When she's bad, she's MUCH better....if you follow my drift...

And i aint talking about the kitchen either.

Although tonight.....no, best not go there.

All the best

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

You may like Good Charlotte you may not, I'm not fussy myself. But one thing now is certain whether they are talented or just well marketed their music has just recieved proper bonafide art status by the contributors of this post.

If art is meant to provoke reaction and make you feel something then Good Charlotte have hit the jackpot.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

I trod in cat sick once that got a reaction, my cat aint no artist tho.

ReplyQuote
(@p_allen)
Estimable Member

Who says?

Art is not quantifiable, so maybe your cat is an artist.

Pete. :)

Why Do Other Peoples Shipbuilding When you Could Go Diving For Pearls Of Your Own?

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Kill the cat.

Dirty rotten

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

thats a bit extreme but i bet the value of the cat sick would double overnight

ReplyQuote
(@nathan1709)
Trusted Member

Good Charlotte definitely suck IMHO but if people want to spend their money on that shite then that's up to them!

"This is a public service announcement.....with guitars"

ReplyQuote
(@psychonik)
Reputable Member

I would like to start off by stating that this post ha sgone along very nicely, and have been unable to find a more mature forum for this type of discussion ANYWHERE... so here's my tought...

when the cat made his sick all over the fllor, was the reaction it got intentional? did the cat WANT you to get amgry? or was it just doing what it's simple self could to feel better and less uneasy in it's gut.

the same may apply to GC...they "just want to live"(excript from a GC song) thus selling their induced vomit to people who want it.
I know i threw up a few days ago, and my intention was to releive myself of the throw up in my mouth, which just came out. When it hit the toilet, it was'nt very enjoyabe to look at, but that wasn't my intention, so therefore it was not a work of art to me.

Art is for everyone who wishes to perceive it.

just because you created it doesn't mean you understand it...

just meaningless rants and quotations for everyone to ponder over and form/solidify an opinion from.I really stand in the middle grounds here. I personally HATE GC but dont mind the sex pistols, not because of the message...it just has something that GC doesn't...

ReplyQuote
(@rotten)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Great reply PsychoNIK,

Interesting analogy between tension/release, and prevomit/postvomit. Its defiantly a truth for an artist to release what ever is being pent up emotionally. Traumatic experiences, frustrations, and injustices are definitely forms of tension craving release. Just like when I become frustrated about the life styles of the rich and famous. Oh wait I have better things to do then be concerned with someone else's lifestyle, and certainly not concerned or frustrated enough to write a song about it.

Look at the problems in the world, serious problems. War, aids crisis in Africa, a government that no longer belongs to the people(Atleast not for the people), gay rights, abortion, terrorism, nuclear weapons, and about a million other things not only in the world but your personal life that could constitute tension. Life styles of the rich and famous doesn't really require a release of frustration.

So again I stir the pot and await someone to tell me you don't have to be political to be an artist. Or have ever been in love, or have a traumatic experience either. GC is just a reflection of ignorance gleaming off our entire nation.

See the yellow ribbon on the back of your gas guzzling SUV. How many soldiers do you know? How much money have you donated in support? Ever visit Walter Reed? Ever visit a WWII or Vietnam vet?

Don't just go through the motions, care about something; anything.

Sorry for the long Post. Just my opinion.
Dirty Rotten.

"You gona bark all day little doggy? Or are you gona bite?"

ReplyQuote
(@warkthogus)
Eminent Member

I personally like a few of GC's songs, but only because I can relate or they make me laugh my head off.

Just my opinion.

Go on, flame me. See if I care! :wink:

"You were born an original, don't die a copy"

ReplyQuote
(@strat)

Rotten just doesnt understand that other people have other taste in music because he like the doobie brothers. So if you dont like them you don't have to hate on them just keep it to yourself.

Jake

Live to Play Play to live.

ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Estimable Member

The "anything can be art" crowd should all sort their lives out this instant. I'm sick of seeing eyesores being slapped in the middle of town just to "provoke a reaction" (so long as the reaction isn't "let's beat these frauds to death with their eyesore that was funded with public money"). If I murdered you and took your money, that'd provoke a reaction, but would I be considered an "artist"? No, I'd be a murderer... and a cretin. But the point is, "provoking a reaction" does not define art, it's merely an elaboration on Newton's first law.

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

"I personally HATE GC but dont mind the sex pistols, not because of the message...it just has something that GC doesn't..."

Intresting since the sex pistols were manufactured just like GC, if not more...It's just a different taste, different generation. GC(I predict) is one of those bands that will just fade away over time. Years from now we will mostly only remember the really bad bands and the really good bands.

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5