Behringer Wah pedal?

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Any love for the HBO1 Hellbabe Wah? :D

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I will preface my comments by saying that I've never tried the pedal in question, so take this with a massive heap of salt, but.....

I hate Behringer, they suck. The gear is all low quality and breaks easily and exists solely to keep GC and Dawson's Music Stores in business.

But I haven't tried the pedal in question.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

yeah, Ive been looking at wahs for a while, and have gotten down to that, Dan-o, and a Crybaby... Though Im listing towards the crybaby.

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I have no problem with my Behringer amp that just sits in my room, but I wouldn't want to invest $$$ in a Behringer product that you step on! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Out of those three, I'd go with the Crybaby, then set it up like stratman on here suggested (a search should bring the thread up). Second choice would be the Dan-O. Have you considered the Vox wah?

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

yeah, Ive been looking at wahs for a while, and have gotten down to that, Dan-o, and a Crybaby... Though Im listing towards the crybaby.

It reminds me of a computer mouse. Plastic and total optical control. I dunno, the plastic doesn't cut it - too light, wouldn't feel right.

I like the Dunlop Cry Baby all the way. I have the original, my son has the Hendrix model.

Dan-O-Wah is a little cheesy I think, since we got into a slightly critical mode.

However I collect a multitude of plastic Dano mini effects or stomps.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I did have a Behringer Wah, but sent it back and got a used crybaby off ebay for the same money.

Unless they have changed it in the meantime, the on/off switch was the problem for me. On a cry baby, you have a normal footswitch, located at the "treble-end" of the pedal's sweep - i.e. you switch it on/off closest to the "off" sound. The Behringer has (had?) a blade, at the back of the foot-plate, that switched the wah off in the "bass-end" of the sweep - i.e. furthest in sound away from "off", so you get a sudden change in tone. Other than that, it wasn't a bad pedal.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I got a CryBaby but it is my second one. Bought the first one used and it broke after only 20 years of use. Guess I should have gotten the Behringer. :P I performed the StratMan mod as well and it sounds real nice.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I got a CryBaby but it is my second one. Bought the first one used and it broke after only 20 years of use. Guess I should have gotten the Behringer. :P I performed the StratMan mod as well and it sounds real nice.
yeah, if you had gotten the plastic Behringer, youd probably still be on your first. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

^^^rofl. The standard wisdom with Behringer is if you do buy one of their products, order 10+ units and you'll be good for about 6 months. :lol:

otoh, their v-verb box (now discontinued) sounded pretty awesome for the price. if you can find one of those that still works it might be worth the punt...

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i bought a hellbabe used for 10 or 15 bucks. i can't remember.

i hate it. i wanted to write a post saying it's not bad for the money, and you can't expect anything for less than 20 bucks, but to be honest, it really really sucks.

it sounds like junk and it's a pain to use. there's no button to engage. you step on it and it engages, but if you rock back to the original position, it turns off, so you have to keep your foot on it, and if you're wah'ing like a normal person, it'll click off and on when you don't want it to. it's got a whole bunch of dials, and you'd think you could find something, but the tonal range is from thin and trebly to toneless mud, the sweep is way too small even with mods, and it's just weak sounding, like it's only wah'ing part of your signal and turning the rest into pudding. also, it'd probably break if you dropped it on something hard.

so, to review, it's a pain to use, it sounds like crap, and it's flimsy.

ReplyQuote