Clear all

best blink 182 album

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

what do u think is the best blink 182 album....im not gonna include greatist hits :lol:

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Hmmm tough one ... do we know yet which one will be the last album?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That would get my vote.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i move that all future polls should have to include a "i couldn't care less" choice by default

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

i move that all future polls should have to include a "i couldn't care less" choice by default

So you really care?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

So you really care?
The American Heritage® Book of English Usage.
A Practical and Authoritative Guide to Contemporary English. 1996.

3. Word Choice: New Uses, Common Confusion, and Constraints

§ 78. could care less / couldn't care less

I could care less! you might say sometime in disgust. You might just as easily have said I couldn't care less and meant the same thing! How can this be? When taken literally, the phrase I could care less means “I care more than I might,” rather than “I don't care at all.” But the beauty of sarcasm is that it can turn meanings on their head, thus allowing could care less to work as an equivalent for couldn't care less. Because of its sarcasm, could care less is more informal than its negative counterpart and may be open to misinterpretation when used in writing.
http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/078.html

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

"I could care less" is a pet peeve of mine. IMHO it's not used sarcastically to mean "I couldn't care less", it's used because people don't think about what the words they're parroting actually mean, exactly the same as double negatives.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

All that being said, let's get back to the topic (such as it is) at hand.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I'm at a disadvantage never having heard anything off Dude Ranch

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You are two up on me.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

and 3 up on me.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Enema is a favorite of many of my students in their pre-teens and early teens. Catchy songs and very easy to play once they've got power chords down. Nothing at all to the leads so they get to play along with the records fairly quickly. For those too young to form power chords, they go to drop D tuning and learn a bit about arranging songs. Since it gets them playing (a lot!) I'm happy with that no matter what I think about the music.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@nirvana777)

me 2 i like a lot of songs on emena of the state

R.I.P. Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Well, one has to admit that Blink is all about stripping it down to bare minimum. Even the Delonge/Hoppus signature guitar/bass are one pup, one volume knob configurations.

...and clearly, I know way too much about this topic. :oops:

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

"I could care less" is a pet peeve of mine. IMHO it's not used sarcastically to mean "I couldn't care less", it's used because people don't think about what the words they're parroting actually mean, exactly the same as double negatives.

Ah, but sometimes a double negative is used to emphasise the negative aspect of a statement and is in no way colloquially understood to imply a positive. After all, most human language is not mathematical in it's precision.

Even grammarians recognize the use of a double negative to imply strong negative feelings has become normative usage in some instances.

It should be noted, as well, that the double negative enjoyed several centuries of standard acceptance as grammatically correct, and is only in the last few centuries been considered substandard grammar.

For example, both the Cantebury Tales and Shakespeare contain double negative constructions used in formalized ways. And we have many prominent usages from our own near history, such as "You ain't seen nothin' yet."

Usages such as "Don't give me no lip" or "I didn't do nothing." Are immediately understood in their context. The double negative in these examples makethe statements far more emphatic.

While "You ain't seen nothin' yet" might be more grammatically correct worded as "As of now you have not seen anything." The grammaticaly correct version hardly has the impact of the "incorrect" version with the double negative.

OH, and just to be topical, who's Blink 182? And is it just me or is discussing grammar in a thread about a band that used the word "ur" while not refering to a city of ancient Sumer kind of ironic?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2