Clear all

Best movies about music

41 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

:shock: :shock: DUDES this is unbelievable what about Metallica Some Kind Of Monster :shock: :shock:

That was bloody amazing !!! ( i know that i'm metallica fan )

If you haven't seen go watch it. Don't think "it's metallica it's gonna be junk"

You won't be dissapointed.

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@ciaran)
Eminent Member

Seems like nobody is going to dare mention Fame. I'm not going to either. :twisted:

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Seems like nobody is going to dare mention Fame. I'm not going to either. :twisted:

It was enough that it was on the setlist of one of the bands I was in. :?

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Although not particularly about music was an ancient 60s flick called...uh, what was it called?

Blow Up.

About this guy with a camera and he sees something in this one particular photo he took. Great cultish type movie.

BUT, I'm not sure (hopefully someone can correct me), but there's this one scene where the main guy's running from the bad guys and he's going in and out of doorways and whatnot and happens to scurry through a discotheque, right past the band onstage and...isn't that Jeff Beck playing guitar? Like a cameo?

Anyhow, that's a flashback if ever there was one.
You are right Jeff was in Blow UP released in 1966 he was also in all of the following in acting roles:
2003 Red, White & Blues Actor
2001 Rock Icons: Guitar Gods Actor
1992 The Return of Spinal Tap Actor
1991 The A.R.M.S. Concert: Complete Actor
1991 The Pope Must Diet Actor
1989 Lenny Live and Unleashed Actor
1988 Twins Actor
1987 Wall Street Actor
1983 The Arms Concert, Part 1 Actor
1983 The Arms Concert, Part 2 Actor
1982 The Secret Policeman's Other Ball Actor
1966 Blow-Up Actor
VH1: My Generation - Guitar Legends Actor

Wow!

Yeah I thought that looked like him. Which band was he onstage with? Did it say?

ReplyQuote
(@yellow_tangerine)
Eminent Member

I second The Kids Are Alright. Cobwebs and Strange was pure insanity, and the bit where John Entwistle uses Roger Daltrey's solo records for target practice is awesome. To have a staircase lined in guitars. . .

. . .I personally favor Magical Mystery Tour, just for the crazy stoned wizards and a very hot George Harrison! :D

If you don't know where you're going,
Any road will take you there

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Wow!

Yeah I thought that looked like him. Which band was he onstage with? Did it say?

IMDB says something like "as self, with the Yardbirds."

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Wow!

IMDB says something like "as self, with the Yardbirds."

Yardbirds! Back in the day when it was actually going on...and they got on film. Not a reunion tour, not a music video...the actual guys at the actual time.

Incredible

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Pink Floyd The Wall
Roger Water's The Wall-awesome concert
Megadeth-Rude Awakening

Detroit Rock City-I thought this movie was funny.
The Blues Brothers
Blues Brothers 2000-Did anyone else like it?

There's also a Frank Zappa video my friend has, but I can't remember the name of it.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Zappa? -- 200 Motels or possibly Baby Snakes

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

"Shine" is a beautiful movie about a pianist ,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117631/

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Oh and I almost forgot. I FINALLY got to see Concert for Bangladesh again, after 30 years.

It's still great. I notice a lot more mistakes and bad sound and little glitches in the performances than I did that one day so long ago, but it was still neat to see Eric and George and Ringo (forgetting the words to It Don't Come Easy), and Leon and Ali A Khan and Ravi and Bob and Klaus Voorman (who you hardly ever see), and Billy Preston and Jesse Ed Davis and Keltner. Like old friends or something.

It was one of the first - if not 'the' first' - benefit concerts by stars for some world-type problem. The world hasn't changed much in 30 years, but it was great to see those guys again.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3