Clear all

Best SSH Manufacturer

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@austax)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Those that have read my other threads know what Im looking for, and what music I want to play.

Also keep in mind my budget of around (less than) $400AUD (less than $300USD) probably going the 2nd hand route

So who make the best beginner SSH Guitars?

Silvertone
Peavey
Monterey
Essex
ESP
Epiphone
AXL
Jackson
Ibanez
Yamaha
Squier
Washburn
Other: Name which one

"I am a Australian"

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

all these posts trying to narrow down your choice is really only going to muddy the water that seems pretty murky already.
decide on a specific style of music you want to play, or a favorite guitarist and try out guitars yourself based on that short list.
in the end, you need to start with a guitar that is going to cover the music or tone you want to start with.
there simply is no guitar made that covers everything.

that said i would probably go for a nice used Fender Strat or an Ibby

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@austax)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks mate, yeah its quite hard to narrow down to a specific guitarist as my musical tastes arnt pigeoned holed into 1 genre.

But I suppose the type of music I want to play is similar to the following bands:

Black Sabbath
Black Label Society
Metallica
Megadeth
Pantera
Opeth
Epica
Lacuna Coil
Korn
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Guns N Roses
Cold Chisel
Eagles
CCR
Dire Straits
Children of Bodom
Six Feet Under
Van Halen
Deep Purple (basically just smoke on the water)
Aerosmith
Bon Jovi
ACDC
Ozzy
Crowded House
Split Enz
Billy Idol
Rammstein
Fear Factory
Fleetwood Mac
Elvis
Beatallica
After Forever
John Lennon
Iron Maiden
Hendrix
the Doors
Apocalytpica
Rage against the Machine
Cradle of Filth (Nymphetamine)
Sepultura
INXS
Icehouse
Powderfinger
Hunters & Collectors
Gang Gajang
Alice in Chains
Midnight Oil
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Paul McCartney
Santana
George Harrison
George Thuragood
Motley Crue
Soundgarden
Johhny Cash
ZZ Top
Live
Pink Floyd
Bruce Springsteen,
Bryan Adams
Blue Öyster Cult
U2
Def Leppard (maybe)
Meatloaf
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Led Zepplin

But most of all it would be:

Metallica
Black Sabbath/Ozzy
Black Label Society
Megadeth
Pantera
Opeth
Korn
Pearl Jam
Guns N Roses
Cold Chisel
CCR
Dire Straits
Bon Jovi
Crowded House/Split Enz (Possibly accoustic could be better for this, unless there is a way of getting a really portable amp- Reason being, going in to girlfriends workplace and playing)
Rage against the Machine
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

"I am a Australian"

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Not to state the obvious, but you can play any of those artists with any of those guitars. How many of those have you personally tried? Or any in any of your other (numerous) threads? People can give you opinions until the sun goes nova but those won't make a difference if you don't like the feel of a guitar.

Most folks here, especially those who've been playing more than two or three years, play all sorts of music styles and have all sorts of musical tastes. And they play all sorts of different guitars. What each of those guitars has in common, though, is that the person who bought it felt it was best for them. Under whatever unique circumstances they might have been in at the time.

So do yourself a favor and see what you like and then ask about it. You'll get a lot further along than you will wading through the thousands of opinions there are out there on any one guitar.

Unless, of course, your whole point is to just keep posting what is essentially the same thread all over the boards... :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@austax)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well for the 2nd hand guitars I havent tried any, but for the new ones I have heard tjhe Ibanez RG170DX

"I am a Australian"

ReplyQuote