Clear all

Bridge for my Strat

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Anyone know what a good hardtail bridge is for a MIM Strat? I've got the trem blocked off right now, but I'd like to put in something stationary.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

How did you block off the trem? I was thinking of doing the same thing to help keep it in tune. I don't use the trem.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I had looked at StewMac.com on several occasions. Those "Hipshot" bridges look pretty darned cool!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I cut down 2 pieces of wood into wedges, and placed them on the sides of the bridge. Image opening the back up, and making a bridge sandwich out of a couple of pieces of wood.

I'll have to look at those CnJ. I got my Texas pickups in last night, and I'll have them put in this weekend. I ended up taking the lazy way out of winding my own, but that's why I ended up getting the '51 (it's going to be my test guitar). Nothing else I'm doing will modify the tone significantly (locking tuners, the bridge, and some strap locks). If you want to hear what it sounds like after the pickups, I'll be sending off my part to the funk jam after I put them in.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

I JUST saw a bridge replacement for strats that converts them to hardtail... hold on...

Bah, I can't find it right now. I'll keep looking.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote