Notifications
Clear all

Buying a New Guitar. Opinions?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kidwithabcrich)
Topic starter  

Hey guys, in about a month im buying a new guitar, i already got some im gonna pick from but i wanted to get an outside opinion, maybe even someone who has played them, The guitars are
1.)B.C. Rich ASM Standard
2.)Jackson JS23
3.)Ibanez RG321MH
4.)Kramer Striker 211
Ive played B.C Rich's and Jacksons before and liked them but i haven't played the others, So if you've played any of these or just have something to say about the brand post it. Thanks for your help :)

(@size9)
Eminent Member

So, my guess is you play "Metal"? They're all good brands. It depends on what tones you're going for? The action of the guitar is very important for Metal. I don't play much metal. But, I've played a Ibanez RG2EX1 and loved the "Razor" tone and action. How can you go wrong when Ibanez is the choice of both Satriani and Vai? I'd go with the Ibanez :D

Learn How To Play Guitar With Today's Top FREE Videos. Learn To Play Guitar, See Reviews, Shop Beginner Guitars and much more!....

Interested in Guest Blogging For GuitarZonline? Apply @ our Guitar Guest Blog!

ReplyQuote
(@kidwithabcrich)
Topic starter  

I posted this on three different forums and i think this is the first straight out answer i got :P , thanks ive kinda narrowed it down between that and the B.C. Rich. I've never really played Ibanez and one thing i like about the B.C. Rich is the necks are thicker, what are ibanez necks like?

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

I am personally steering clear of Ibanez instruments...I had a $800.00 RgEX...I forget the rest of the number, but it wasn't a cheapie...

Anyway, after purchasing new & playing at home for maybe a little over a year, the upper frets were in horrible shape from the bends/solos hat I play. This never happened to me on any other guitar in such a short period of time - it has completely turned me off on the Ibanez brand...

I have an '05 Jackson dinky that still has fret wires in very good shape - and this one gets played ALOT...I also have (2) Kramers & I am impressed with them.

Don't have really any experience with the B.C. Rich models, although I would like to get one someday. I have a couple friends that own them & are satisfied with them...don't know which models they have...

Let us know what you decide!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I do know this ... BC Rich models tend to be heavy with wide necks. I own one. Not optimal for shredding but look oh so cool! :twisted: I have a Jackson, sliver thin neck, jumbo frets and flat radius. It is old though. MIJ Jackson professional. I had an Ibanez Radius. It was a great guitar. Turfed it cause I'm not a Floyd kind of guy. The Radius is what it was called before they called it the Joe Satriani model by the way. Sorry, I guess I'm not much help cause my experience is like ancient history with these guitars. Oh, I own a Kramer Standard Pro. Awsome guitar!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote