13.7 K Views
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Play really loud.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

:? I wouldn't worry about it, My dog does not like when I play my Electric guitar the high notes bothers his ears so he runs in the bedroom and lays down and when I turn it off he comes back out, I think it is just something with animals and the sounds we hear are far more Intensified for their ears, He realy runs when I use my Wah Wah Pedal I'm sure he is thinking what the H..... is that.

:)

ReplyQuote
(@cmoewes)
Estimable Member

You should see what happens when my wife hears me use the wah pedal ;)

ReplyQuote
(@blutic1)
Reputable Member

So you say you quit practicing because your cat doesn't like it.

Dude - it's a cat. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Man, that is one of the most sad things I've read. If your practice time is cut because your cat freaks, well, we need to work on your cat. Maybe the cat is really sensitive to the frequencies you're playing. In any event, I hope your cat learns to love your music!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Well I guess I don't have any real advice for you, other than hopefully the cat will come around, but both of my cats, who have totally different personalities freak out if I just touch the vacumn cleaner.

I'm sure they associate it with the sound it makes but they have never gotten used to it and will always run and hide when I bring it out.

Maybe whenever you play you could just put the cat in another room and close the door. It might stress it out less.

I'm not a real cat person by nature by since having them I could never get rid of them so if it were me I know I'd have to work out an alternate solution.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

www.bonsaikitten.com

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

My signature line use to read "I must be improving because the dog does not leave the room anymore". He use to actually run to the farthest room in the house and now he lays at my feet when I practice. I am sure it was truly a matter of some sounds that bothered him so he has either gotten use to it or has gone deaf. I don't really think it is because I have gotten better however, he does like John Denver and Bob Dylan tunes. The funny part is that he would leave quicker if I started with the acoustic and slower if I started with the electric so it was not the volume.

The point is, just like my dog the cat will probably come around.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I used to have a chinchilla. He LOVED to hear me play slide blues on my reso. He'd stand and stare, transfixed. That's how I'd get him out when he'd hide inside the foldout couch. I'd go get the reso and slide and play a while, which would get him out front listening, then scoop him up.

Hummingbirds will often come hover in front of me when I play it outside.

But the cats hate it and the dog's not impressed, either.
:lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Hmmm Undercat, looks like I'm banished forever from playing solos. :lol:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

This might not go down too well

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk

Pet put me on to this site I really like cats.

Honest

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

This requires a picture...

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

In my case, it's police helicopters.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

In my case, it's police helicopters.

ROFLMAO! :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@sapho)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This is a DISCLAIMER from Sapho - I do not encourage nor advocate the type of response from Joe Momma - richsalter Oct 21. Should've known one cowardly loser would rear his ugly head at the mention of a vulnerable creature.

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5