Clear all

Check this guitar out

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This guitar is really cool. And no, it's not the Gibson Robot guitar. The effects you can get from it are crazy. If you are a Muse fan you should recognize it. It's not something that is available for purchase but it's cool to check out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-4lPjRsrIA&feature=related

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Guy can play, OK. And he got some really cool sounds/effects out of it - trouble is, with a guitar as complicated as that, I bet it takes as long to master the technology as it does to master the guitar.....ie, forever!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

That is wicked.... I keep thinking what would Jimmy do with one of those in his hands.????

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

That is wicked.... I keep thinking what would Jimmy do with one of those in his hands.????

Probably play "Stairway"........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That is awesome! 8) Now, they just need to upgrade it & throw the robotic tuners on it! :twisted:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Probably play "Stairway"........

Vic
I meant HENDRIX... not Pagey! :)

And your prolly right too :)

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Don't think Hendrix would have done much, from what I've seen of him he isn't the most technically skilled guitarist out there. Though I'm sure he'd finger the effects pad with 'feeling.' It's just taste and all. I'd say someone like Steve Vai but the guitar of Muse, Matthew Bellamy, is a skilled and innovative player. At least in my humble opinion.

FYI, the guy playing the guitar in the video isn't the person who the guitar was built for. It's actually for Matthew Bellamy of Muse. Seen playing in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjZEOEKr-DI&feature=related

Edit: I wonder if we will ever get to the point where mastering the knobs, switches and effects pad will be just as necessary as mastering the strings and frets.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote