Clear all

Children

21 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Slejhamer

Love that middle photo of your son. Man, he looks serious. You've got you the next Stevie Ray Vaughan there! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Funny thing with a couple of my grandkids - they like hearing me play guitar for a few minutes, but then their attention tends to wander. If I get a slide out and start playing up and down the fretboard, though, they absolutely love it! I've managed to get them to sit down and put a guitar on their laps, given them a slide and said, "make some noise!" They both seemed to pick up the knack of sliding up and down the strings without being too heavy handed - I haven't tried to actually teach them anything yet, at their ages (one of them's five, the other's not yet two!) it's all about having a bit of fun. I'm thinking of buying the five-year old a half-size guitar for Christmas - now I'm thinking, ukulele.

Here's a pic taken a couple of years ago of one of them - he was about three then. Look at the concentration!

He also likes the keyboard........

If you make it fun for them, at a young age, they'll probably take it more seriously when they get a little older. That's my theory, anyway, for what it's worth.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Cool pics by the way Slej, are you a photographer of sorts?

"Of sorts," yeah; enough to do some bartering now and then, and I've had a couple things published. Fun hobby. Thanks. 8)

Slejhamer
Love that middle photo of your son. Man, he looks serious. You've got you the next Stevie Ray Vaughan there! :D

Thanks Wes; he's a hoot to watch playing air guitar too! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Love the middle pic slej.

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I used to say that I especially like children sautéd in a garlic sauce. But now I've got three boys...19,almost 17 and almost 15...al musicians. I've never felt so proud as when I jam with the fellas! Worth all the diaper changing, I guess... :?

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

I got my first instrument at about that age. It was a little ukelele and my parents say I loved it and could even play a few simple melodies on it. I moved to the piano a few years later. I think the ukelele is a good idea.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2