Clear all

Coffee/Tea time is over.....

78 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
13.8 K Views
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

One of my favorite beer festivals is in Grünberg, Germany in October. It's called the Gallusmarkt and has a veneer of a giant flea market surrounding the central tent. It appears to be primarily a test of endurance as it includes one night where you are supposed to visit every pub in town followed by a fruhschoppen that requires everyone to show up at a tent the next morning at 8 am to begin again. There are actually people that show up around 6 am to make sure they get the best seats.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

bump

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

There are some truly wonderful Bierfests in Germany. The Anna Fest, in Forchheim takes place on top of a very large hill, so high, in fact, that you can watch light aircraft flying below you. The beer comes from a couple of local breweries and the food is fantastic - thinly sliced (and peppered) Emmentaler cheese, straight off the round (the full cheese looks like a wheel and is about a metre in circumference) and grilled half-chicken or fish (either mackerel or herring).
The Erlangen Bergkirchweih is really nice, too. You sit under the trees on a hillside, with coloured lights everywhere and listening to live music - brilliant.
My least favourite is the Wies'n - worst and most expensive Bierfest in Germany.

By the way, geoo, the HB that you mentioned in one of the older posts in this thread is Hofbräu (pronounced Hofbroy) in Munich.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6