Clear all

Coffee

111 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
(@davem)
Estimable Member

I'm not a coffee drinker. I never did acquire the taste for it. Plus I'm a spaz enough without the bean. :D

Dave

Sometimes in life you get shown the light,
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

yeah...I't does get ya kinda (well...) jittery, hard to steady your hands on the fretboard (LOL) just kidding, I've neaver had a coffee buzz THAT bad :)

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

The too I mention are coffee, not the brown milk you get at starbucks. I've been known to go to starbucks, but I don't much like their coffee.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

TEA!!!!!

I'll say it again,

TEA!!!

Typhoo or Tetley's, a little milk, 2 sugars.......

OR......

Foster's Lager (a nod to the Aussies there, Foster's is good stuff!) Newastle Brown or Carlsberg....if you need to loosen up rather than get wired....

But if you're going to drink a non-alcoholic drink, forget fruit juices, forget fizzy pop....basically, Carbonic acid,,,,,drink the civilised drink, drink Tea!!!!!!

I hate the smell of coffee so much, if we ever have guests who want coffee, Marilyn will say "I'll make it love" - and make herself TEA while she's there......

OK I'm going to be in the minority here........

But I really really can't stand the smell of coffee..."Wake up and smell the coffee".....no thanks, I'll stay in bed and make a cuppa tea when I wake up.....

3 weeks in Texas, we managed to find some English tea-bags at Albertson's.....and guess what the coffee-maker in the hotel room got used for?

Tea, you philistines, you hedonists.....TEA!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Vic does have something there.... :)

There's more to Tea than we Americans think. I'm talking of course about that powdered sawdust stuff in those little bags we call tea. That's not real Tea.

Real tea looks like something you might wanna smoke... (doh)!!!:shock:
Ok OK so I watch the Food Network... :oops::oops::oops::P:P

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

haha tea drikers (jk) I don't like it much, not strong enough, little's ok...But its just not like my coffee...I think it tastes like flavored water...

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
 hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

I think it tastes like flavored water...

DOH;)

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Major DOH just trying not to be rude ;)

Do you like coffee hh83? what kind?

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

haha tea drikers (jk) I don't like it much, not strong enough, little's ok...But its just not like my coffee...I think it tastes like flavored water...

I have been known to brew green tea in my espresso machine. But other than that's its a double shot of Starbucks espresso blend with steamed skim milk ( I got a espresso machine for my birthday) :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

For my money you can't beat a nice cuppa char (that's tea to the unwashed) :D .
100% pure Ceylon. A cup of Dilmah is unsurpassed.

Its also a prelude to sorting out all of the worlds problems, you see with these words:
Ill just put the kettle on…
½ of any problem is instantly solved.

Now you cant say that about a beaker of burnt beans and water, can you.

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Now you cant say that about a beaker of burnt beans and water, can you.

lol, well obviously you've never spent the early morning hours in a midwestern, farming town, diner. 5am-7:30ish. Farmer's gather, eat breakfast, drink coffee, and solve all the problems in the world, especially government ones. :P They also lie about how much money they don't make. But that's a whole other topic. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:D :D
You nailed it there! (I was brought up on a farm...)

I think it's as much about the chat as whatever you colour up your hot water with. :wink:

I'm a great believer in the health giving aspects of a generous intake of water for the day. I just like to add a little flavouring.

I start the day with a coffee and then switch to tea for the daylight hours (usually Twinings). Then in the early evening I like to drink more liquids that have been generously flavoured with the juice of grapes, or various combinations of hops and malts. Then it's usually back to a final cup of coffee.

I even drink water on its own at times too. :shock:

Cheers, Chris

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Ahhhh there you go now, Chris, I don't think your Australian at all :P , I think you're a Midwestern farmer who drinks too much caffeine and can't sleep. That would explain why your posts have funny timestamps on them.
You see just a couple of sips of tea and I've sorted it all out.

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Ahhhh there you go now, Chris, I don't think your Australian at all :P .

Darn it! Exposed!

Actually, I've lived and worked in the UK, the USA and Australia so I'm probably something of a 'blended flavour' myself... :P

When I lived in the USA I had the splendid designation "Resident Alien", which denoted that I was allowed to live and work there but wasn't born in the country.

I rather like the notion of being a "Resident Alien", wherever I am - it has a delightful air of exotic mystery about it. One day I'll return to my home galaxy, but for now your strange Earth beverages suit me just fine..... 8)

Cheers, xxxvug... whoops.. blew my cover there... Chris

ReplyQuote
(@steves)
Estimable Member

There's a great little coffee house in Alexandria - Misha's. Misha has been roasting his own coffee long before it became fashionable. This is a great place - just a little run down looking, 1950's era fridge to hold the dairy, smoking room (I don't smoke, but it adds to the ambiance). This place is the anti-Starbucks.

Now, their signature roast is the Route 66 Blend. I don't know what the blend is, but if there is a better cup of coffee on the planet, I haven't found it. I have turned many an out of town friend onto this stuff - they always ask me to buy a pound and ship it (and I usually oblige).

If you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor and stop in. You won't regret it. For a sneak peak, look here: http://pages.alexandriacity.com/dining/mishas.htm

Steve

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8