Clear all

Coffee

111 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i like my coffee like i like my women: columbian and crushed into a powder.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

There's a great little coffee house in Alexandria - Misha's. Misha has been roasting his own coffee long before it became fashionable. This is a great place - just a little run down looking, 1950's era fridge to hold the dairy, smoking room (I don't smoke, but it adds to the ambiance). This place is the anti-Starbucks.

Now, their signature roast is the Route 66 Blend. I don't know what the blend is, but if there is a better cup of coffee on the planet, I haven't found it. I have turned many an out of town friend onto this stuff - they always ask me to buy a pound and ship it (and I usually oblige).

If you're ever in the area, do yourself a favor and stop in. You won't regret it. For a sneak peak, look here: http://pages.alexandriacity.com/dining/mishas.htm

Steve

Now that sounds like my kinda place. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Don't like coffee. Plus, it seems when you start drinking it, it actually gives you a kick but once it becomes an everyday habit you need a cup just to function normally.
i like my coffee like i like my women: columbian and crushed into a powder.
Are you sure you didn't mean you like your coffee how you like your coca........cola.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
 hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

Major DOH just trying not to be rude ;)

Do you like coffee hh83? what kind?

sorry if i was rude.
sure i do.. as long as its black, i can drink almost everything.. (talking coffee still!)
throw milk/sugar in it. and it tastes more like cocoa.
and i you want cocoa, buy cococa;)
guess there is no accounting for taste then

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

you wern't rude...I like you avatar.I think it tastes disgusting (which is not like cocoa, since I happen to like cocoa) with milk and sugar. I prefer it strong and black nothing else...Maybe if I've got a throbbing sweet tooth I'd put some powdered vanilla creamer in it...But thats rarely...

Join the fight to stop global warming...
Join the virtual march at: http://www.stopglobalwarming.org
We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Cheers, vug... whoops.. blew my cover there... Chris

Hey Chris, is that you sitting beside your guitar, in your avatar. That large simian like head thats pretending to be a chair ? :P

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

tea drikers hahaha

and this time I'm not joking :)

I still love coffee...columbian brew! :) :P

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@wannabe)
Trusted Member

hi guys, I'll just start by saying black coffee, unless it's a latte, then the coffee's there to flavour the milk, but otherwise dark roast and black.
I'm not a starbucks fan, it'll do in an emergency, but up here in Canada I'm a second cup fan... and no i'm not a tim hortons junkie either... Usually get a sumatra or columbian. Ethiopian can be good to... If I'm at home i'll usually just drink a double esspresso. Oh i can't spell.

cheers

I don't understand, I got the guitar, and the beer, the commercial said I'd be a rock star by now...

the reason we fall is so we can learn how to pick ourselves back up

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

ethiopian? never heard of that kind before

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

STIMULANTS FROM COLOMBIA, BABY!!!!

"I can't stand the sizes at starbucks"

Yeah what really gets me about them is that they insist on calling a "small" a "grande". At least their coffee is reasonably good though.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I hate french vanilla when you brew your own, and use french vanilla one day, and regualar the next...yuck :(

If it was up to me I wouldn't have to even look at french vanilla coffee, but my family shares the coffee pot...so...I'm screwed.

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

but my family shares the coffee pot...so...I'm screwed.

Senseo (or other) pod coffee makers solves the problem.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

never heard of them... *scrunches up her eyebrows and thinks* maybe once (a pod) on an annoying 'payed programing' endless commercial on a saturday morning... :) and I sat there drinking my tanted (with french vanilla) coffee thinking 'why can't they just say three easy payments of 20 bucks instead of three easy payments of 19.95 plus tax??? :P

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
(@rag_doll_92)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

the world of boring payed programing just dosn't make sense to me...:(

We CAN make a diffrence!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

never heard of them... *scrunches up her eyebrows and thinks* maybe once (a pod) on an annoying 'payed programing' endless commercial on a saturday morning... :) and I sat there drinking my tanted (with french vanilla) coffee thinking 'why can't they just say three easy payments of 20 bucks instead of three easy payments of 19.95 plus tax??? :P
I got one in Target but WalMart, Sears and many other places have them. Great for the one cup late at night or when someone wants something different. Plus that side benefit of no after taste of the last cup made. They even have special ones now that make cappuccino, tea and coffee.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 8