Clear all

Cort Guitars?

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tanthalas)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

What do you guys think of Cort guitars? I was playing one at a local music shop and found it to have a nice, crisp sound.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've played a couple of Cort's and think that they're pretty good for the money. I particularly liked the MGM signature model.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Good guitar, nice tone; I once played w/ a semi-pro guitarist & that was the only guitar he would ever consider playing.

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Is this a trick question? :)

Cort is the world's second-largest guitar maker (behind Samick), making over 1 million guitars per year. Most of those you wouldn't recognize as "Cort" - they're labeled with names like Ibanez, Schecter, G&L, etc. They pretty much do just what Samick does... they make guitars for other companies, and if they have unsold production time they make guitars for sale under their own name to keep the factory busy.

Like the other Korean/Indonesian guitars, they range in quality. I've played a bunch of them; some are great, some are junk.

The ones with higher price tags (like the Coryell signature model) look very nice. But be sure to play before you buy.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

The Parkwood brand is also theirs; I think they are supposed to be a step up from the Cort-badged models.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

What do you guys think of Cort guitars? I was playing one at a local music shop and found it to have a nice, crisp sound.
The main thing is that YOU liked it. I haven't heard anything bad about Cort.

ReplyQuote
(@musica23)
Reputable Member

+1 what causnorign said about YOU liking it!

I bought a Cort Curbow bass over a year ago and I love it. For $350, it works very well for me. :wink: It's got a great passive pickup (Bartolini), it's comfortable to play, and it's of very good quality. And...I think it's cool-looking!

Cort Curbow Bass

I haven't heard much about Cort and have seen only 1 Cort guitar (used). I'm not familiar with their reputation (though it sounds good from what others have said, and I've never heard anything negative). My own experience with the bass is excellent. :)

Good luck with your decision! :D

Love and Peace or Else,
CC

ReplyQuote
(@tanthalas)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I really enjoyed this guitar and I am leaning heavily in the direction of it. I am currently borrowing a friend's Walden SupraNatura G3000 and now have to return it, hence the hunt for a new guitar.

So far I have narrowed my choices of guitars to: Seagulls, Waldens, Corts, and Epiphones. I've heard Epiphones are overpriced, but I'll hit my local music shop and jam on a few to see if they are, in fact, overpriced.

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Thanks, everyone!

Yeah, I really enjoyed this guitar and I am leaning heavily in the direction of it. I am currently borrowing a friend's Walden SupraNatura G3000 and now have to return it, hence the hunt for a new guitar.

So far I have narrowed my choices of guitars to: Seagulls, Waldens, Corts, and Epiphones. I've heard Epiphones are overpriced, but I'll hit my local music shop and jam on a few to see if they are, in fact, overpriced.

IMHO you can't go wrong with a Seagull, for a great entry level guitar.

ReplyQuote