Skip to content
Cost efficient guit...

Notifications
Clear all

Cost efficient guitar building/modifying.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@schecter)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm interested in re-selling guitars, used, new, or custom built by myself. I won't reveal exactly what I will be doing to the guitars, but it is very artistic in nature. My goal is to sell the highest quality of guitars with the best components, but what will make them unique is the artistry I will add to them.

I've considered building the guitars by buying each part separately, or by purchasing new/used guitars and modifying them and installing top of the line electronics and components.

If anyone has experience with selling or building guitars, which method of acquiring guitars would you consider the most efficient and profitable?

I should also like to add that I would prefer selling these guitars as authentic Fenders, Gibsons, etc. The finished products will be comparable to say a Fender Custom Shop guitar or a Gibson Vintage Re-issue, but the custom work will be done by myself.

Thanks for the help guys

"I’m one of those lucky beginners who never actually makes a mistake." - Chris_C

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

if your main value-add is the art, then you may want to minimized anything other than that in your biz, esp as building with components requires a lot of work in itself. if you contact one of the original makers or their distributors, you should be able to cut good deal on price based on volume purchases --- even if over time, as long as you guarantee a minimum number of guitars purchased. if you become a official reseller of a brand, you can probably get guitars at 50% to 70% list.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote