Crossroads on CMT

Notifications
Clear all

Crossroads on CMT

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just got done watching a show called Crossroads on CMT (Country Music Channel). For those that have never seen the show before they take a country act and a rock-n-roll act and put them on stage together to play each others songs. Its an amazing show if you have never seen it.

They just ran 4 episodes in a row tonight. I missed the first one but I caught the one with Pat Benetar & Martina McBride (they sing AWESOME!!!) and Heart & Wynonna Judd. I'll tell you I am DYING to play the guitar like them! Heart & Wynonna did an all acoustic version of their song Dog & Butterfly that was SPECTACULAR and then did a tribute to Led Zeppelin with their version of Rock-n-Roll. Martina McBride & Pat Benetar have almost identical voices.

I was watching the guitar playing and I was just amazed at the talent on that stage.

If you get a chance to watch this show I highly recommend it! They did one with Hank Williams Jr. & Kid Rock! Now that was an AWESOME show!

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I watched the first one, with Keith Urban and John Fogarty. It was awsome too. Keith can play the heck out of a guitar.

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Lots of these Nashville cats are incredible players, they start giving them guitar lessons when they are 2 years old :D :lol: They play their first paying gig in pre-school :wink:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i only caught the tail end of last night: dave matthews and emmylou harris, with trey anastasio on lead guitar. damnit, i could kick myself.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Last night they had Montgomery Gentry with Lynyrd Skynyrd and it was pretty cool. One thing I noticed. Almost EVERY guitar player had either a Les Paul (most likely a TRUE Gibson Les Paul & not Epiphone) or a Gibson guitar. I did not see any Telecasters or Strats.

However it was an excellent show!

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

I don't have cable, so I haven't heard of the show.

I have a mp3 of James Taylor and the Dixie Chicks from Crossroads. I thought it was some sort of benefit concert.

Sounds like a good show to keep and eye on.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

There's going to be a great Crossroads on CMT this Saturday with Brooks & Dunn and ZZ Top. I''' bet this one will JAM!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

A week or so ago they had Brad Paisley and John Mayer. It was pretty awsome because the two are very different in personality and style. Paisley's a heck of a guitarist.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

About a week ago I saw the one with Keith Urban and John Fogerty and that one was EXCELLENT! One thing I noticed though, Keith Urban seemed "sloppy" with his fretting. It looked like his fingers weren't fretting the notes cleanly. He is howver an excellent player!

John Fogerty gave some good advice...he said how else are you going to learn how something is done if you don't play cover tunes. He also said he played in a cover band for 10 years before joining CCR!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

About a week ago I saw the one with Keith Urban and John Fogerty and that one was EXCELLENT! One thing I noticed though, Keith Urban seemed "sloppy" with his fretting.

He does play loose, although I dont think personally I would consider it sloppy. :lol: But then again, I am biased. Everyone has their guitar greats that they hope to play like someday. Keith Urban is that for me. If I can play as good as him, with even half the passion then I will be a complete guitarist.

Thats not to say that I think he is the best guitarist EVER or whatever, but I get chills watching and listening to him play.

Ahh yes, and Fogarty had ALOT of great advice about being a guitarist and a performer. I taped the episode on my DVR, and hoping it doesnt erase any time soon.

Geoo

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

OH...don't get me wrong! I was VERY impressed with is guitar skills...it just seemed like he laid his fingers all over yet it still sounded great. I read all the time on this and other forums about "playing clean" and yet here is a success story who doesn't follow that rule...

ReplyQuote