Clear all

Daughters fist concert!!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Ya, I know… a little off topic, but figure I would share. My oldest daughter, is taking 5th grade band this year. She is playing the trumpet, and also singing in chorus. Well this Thursday she has her first concert! She’s so excited…. And a little scared I must say. The girl LOVES music!! She’s been singing, and playing different things since she could pretty much walk. The trumpet was a little shaky at first. She tends to hit a hard spot, and give up,[something I’ve been guilty of myself at times..] but after giving it a real shot, and busting her behind after she was ready to give up,and giving her best she has improved a lot. It’s really amazing to see her improve in one 30-45 min practice session!! She really wants to learn Guitar and piano also. She struggles at guitar, but I hear some good things when she plays the keyboard. I told her to hold off on that till she gets through band this year, then we can work on it over the summer.

So again… just sharing her musical milestones!! …and looks like I will be looking for a piano this summer!!!!

Paul B

(@hobson)
Noble Member

Great that she is enjoying it all and that you're encouraging her. So many schools are cutting back on music programs, some to nothing. Getting started young is the way to go. As long as she has a real interest in music, it's something that she can enjoy the rest of her life.

Renee

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

This are really good news! It is good if she is a little scared. It means she has interest on it. I'm sure she will enjoy the moment.

And I completely agree with Hobson.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Great that she is enjoying it all and that you're encouraging her. So many schools are cutting back on music programs, some to nothing. Getting started young is the way to go. As long as she has a real interest in music, it's something that she can enjoy the rest of her life.

Yes the school system has cut a LOT of the music and arts programs. My youngest (1st grader) lost the music room. They just have a cart that comes around once a week. Sad. But the band program stays for now thankfully!! Hope it lasts till my youngest makes 5th grade. Becouse that girl has a amazing ear!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well we made it through the first one!! She had a GREAT time. Was very excited before hand... and a little scared. :) But she was so high on the whole thing afterwords, that she wants to get back on stage as soon as she can. Shes a little shy most of the time, but shes a natral at this stuff.

Paul B

ReplyQuote