David Gilmour DVD

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Being very VERY vague here......

Someone was telling me today about a dvd they seen of David Gilmour and the making of "The Wall" (he thinks) and he was playing a lot of the songs on Acoustic.. He said it was fantastic but can't remember the name...

So any help would be muchly appreciated as I have a re-kindled love affair with my acoustic and Pink Floyd..
Cheers

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@scott58)
Trusted Member

Not sure about that 1. VH1 has a classic album "Dark Side of the Moon" and Waters plays a fair bit of acoustic on it. Not sure if thats what your referring to. I just ordered a few Gilmour dvd's from Amazon, but haven't gotten them yet. I've been tabbing out "coming back to life and "sorrow" from the Pulse dvd. In fact I'm taking a sick day today to finish it up. You may want to consider "Learn to Play" dark side of the moon by lapointe. Alot of that sounds great on acoustic.

Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean 79 ML (silverBurst) Dean 79 ML Arctic White
Dean V-Wing Dove
Wampler SuperPlextortion - Skreddy Lunar Module
Peavey Transtube 110 EFX - Vox DA20 - Valve Jr Head/Cab
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
H2O Chorus/Echo

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I think you're correct Scott. I've not seen anything with Gilmour playing acoustic stuff from The Wall. BTW, you can purchase the Classic Albums from VH1.

If you're looking to play something from The Wall on the coustic, give Mother a try. Sounds great. Recored on acoustic, so its a perfect choice!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@scott58)
Trusted Member

Update: The name of the DVD is DavidGilmour in concert: Live at Robert Wyatt's Meltdown. If you want an acoustic spin on your Pink Floyd this is a must have. Just finished watching it. It's pretty good. The venue seems small compared to the usual Floyd concerts, but it's an outstanding dvd.

Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean 79 ML (silverBurst) Dean 79 ML Arctic White
Dean V-Wing Dove
Wampler SuperPlextortion - Skreddy Lunar Module
Peavey Transtube 110 EFX - Vox DA20 - Valve Jr Head/Cab
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
H2O Chorus/Echo

ReplyQuote
(@radiohead-head)

That was a pretty good DVD though you have to be carefull with the calling it "Floyd" Since Mr. Gilmour is the only member from the Floyd on stage. I am much more a fan of Gilmour than Waters. Gilmours other DVD "A Night to Remember" is mind blowing and I highly recomend it. I got this on Bluray and Echoes kills me everytime. Plus he has Mason and Wright play the whole concert, with some special guests of course.

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Gilmours other DVD "A Night to Remember" is mind blowing and I highly recomend it. I got this on Bluray and Echoes kills me everytime.

+1 Get it

ReplyQuote
(@radiohead-head)

FYI Gilmours got a new DVD coming out at the end of this month or next month. Fender is also releasing a Gilmour series strats with all the specs on the "Black Strat"

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Scott58,
Thanks for the name, I walked into the local shop and they had it.... :D
Excellent DVD. It has 5 Pink Floyd songs on it but all in all it is brilliant...
Thanks
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote